How Corny is Hoop de Doo?

I booked for May 21! I was surprised to be able to get anything this close. Our reservation is for the 8:30 show, category 2; it's all that's left. Any tips or suggestions? Also, the trip is to celebrate our 30th anniversary; should we tell them?
I hope you like it! Fall of 2022, I booked it for my multi-gen family group trip. Ages 6 - well, me (old) including kids, teens, 20's, and up. At the last minute I gave up my place for a family friend to go along, and sent the group off for their dinner. Leaving from the Grand Floridian, it took them about 1 hour to get to the show. They saw the show, then boated back to MK, which took about 1 hour. They unanimously *disliked* it! They all said it was too loud, too corny, etc. etc. I couldn't believe it! They all also said it took waaaay too much time to get to/from and they'd rather have just eaten at Tony's or Liberty Tree in the MK (for way less $$$). I was disappointed, as I thought it would be super fun for our big group. My CM daughter did say she was glad she'd gone to it just for the experience. The rest were a solid "never again".

Where are you staying? You need to think about how you'll get there. It honestly isn't the easiest. Quickest is the boat from MK. Next is a bus from one of the parks. If you do that you'll have to ride an internal bus. A possibly quicker way is a bus from a park to WL, then jump on the yellow bus that runs from WL to the settlement. About 5 minutes.
That about covers free transportation. You can drive but you have to park at the outpost and take the internal bus to the Settlement.
You can Uber, but same, they drop you off at the outpost and you have to internal bus over.
Lastly, you can take a MV and they can get you to the Settlement directly.

We took the boat from MK with a scooter last fall. At that time they had 2 boats running. One boat could handle taking a few ECVs alternating with the other one that couldn’t. We didn’t have to wait long in either direction. Around showtimes and when shows get out they are coming and going quickly to get everybody around.

We did HDDR back in Dec and absolutely loved it! I decided to make my life easier and use a Minnie Van to/from since they can drop off much closer. We were at BWV and it took 20ish min or so to get there; totally worth the cost for the 3 of us.

We are staying at Coronado Springs and we'll have a car. Sounds like it'd be easiest to take the bus to MK and then the boat to Fort Wilderness. However.. I also like the idea of a carriage ride! I've always wanted to check out the Fort but we never seem to find the time. WHere do the carriage rides originate- and do I reserve them on the Disney website?

We are staying at Coronado Springs and we'll have a car. Sounds like it'd be easiest to take the bus to MK and then the boat to Fort Wilderness. However.. I also like the idea of a carriage ride! I've always wanted to check out the Fort but we never seem to find the time. WHere do the carriage rides originate- and do I reserve them on the Disney website?
We drove. It’s got parking.

OP i suggest get there early. wander the campground a bit. it's an incredible place.

show is worth it, I can't add much that hasn't already been said but I loved the show and hope to see it again sometime soon (last trip to WDW the show was still closed due to pandemic/staffing etc)

really the entire experience around that pavilion is fun. plenty of great photo ops before/after the show. grab a meal or a drink at Crockett's too if that's your thing.

DH and I are coming to Disney for what is basically some R&R, not really a parks trip. Since we have plenty of time, I am considering "other" things to do that are Disney-themed-related but won't involve the parks. I've always been curious about Hoop de Doo. DH is not the hugest Disney fan, but he does love slapstick humor and comedy in general. How corny IS HDD? I'm trying to decide if he might enjoy it or if it'll be a waste of time and money for us. Thanks!
Corny but in the best way! We went this weekend and had a blast!

It is the best. My husband books it several times a year when we go down. The jokes are corny, but we love them. We laugh every time and know some of the jokes by heart. I think the included alcohol helps with the "funny factor".

DH and I are coming to Disney for what is basically some R&R, not really a parks trip. Since we have plenty of time, I am considering "other" things to do that are Disney-themed-related but won't involve the parks. I've always been curious about Hoop de Doo. DH is not the hugest Disney fan, but he does love slapstick humor and comedy in general. How corny IS HDD? I'm trying to decide if he might enjoy it or if it'll be a waste of time and money for us. Thanks!
Hoop Dee Doo is awesome. Full of good old fashioned family friend comedy & fun. You should totally go.

We're staying at Wilderness Lodge in June and have ADRs for Hoop Dee Doo. So this yellow bus you can take from WL to FW.... where does it drop you off? Do you still have to take an internal bus at FW to get to the restaurant?

We're staying at Wilderness Lodge in June and have ADRs for Hoop Dee Doo. So this yellow bus you can take from WL to FW.... where does it drop you off? Do you still have to take an internal bus at FW to get to the restaurant?
at the bus depot near Hoop. it is a short walk but from a different direction than the boat dock. depot will be first stop in the Fort. that yellow bus is one of the internal buses so you will need no other bus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter