How comfortable is the pull down bed at Pop Century

Belle1962

DIS Veteran
and how heavy is it? If we pull it down at the start of the trip will mousekeeping keep putting it up each day? I just recently found out it is one bed and one murphy bed. Wondering if I should change my reservation.

It’s the same mattress as the non-Murphy bed. I found it quite easy to pull down and put back up. My wife and I were the ones to sleep on it actually. I’m a large guy and found it quite comfortable.

The room does fill pretty small when it’s pulled down however. The jump from full to queen size beds is definitely noticeable.

FWIW, we loved the new rooms. We’re spoiled and typically get to stay in 2br DVC villas when we go down but found the new Pop rooms to be perfect for the couple of nights we stayed.

The non-Murphy is raised up similarly to the beds in the cruise line so there is plenty of room to slide your suitcases and bags under it.

It was the same as the regular bed. Very easy to put down, I (a pretty average sized female) had no issues doing it myself. Mousekeeping usually left it down. I think only 1 out of 8 days was it put up.

It's just as comfortable as the stationary bed. Like cmoliver said, the mattresses are identical. You may even find it more comfortable due to less usage. It is very easy to open and close. My son had no problems opening and closing it on his own during our last 2 stays at 10 and 11 years old.

As for mousekeeping leaving it down or closing it, that just depends on who is servicing your room. We've had both happen. We generally found that if we left anything on the bed, like a blanket or plush, they would make the bed but leave it in the down position. If we left it clear of personal items they would make it and put it up.

It's just as comfortable as the stationary bed. Like cmoliver said, the mattresses are identical. You may even find it more comfortable due to less usage.

I used to work in a hotel that had murphy beds. What you wrote here is exactly what we told guests. Most people didn't believe it, however. Not sure why, because it was the truth.

I've slept on it the past two trips.
Just as comfortable as the regular bed.
Its not like a pull out couch that you'd be laying on bars.
Its easily pulled down and pushed back up by one person.
I found that yes housekeeping did fold it back up.
No absolutely do not change your reservation POP is an amazing resort and newly refurbed!
Plus the skyliner will be opening up as a tranportation option soon.

I agree with everyone here that its just as comfortable as the regular bed. As for putting it up and down, I was able to do it fine and I am 65 and less than 5'4. My experience has been that if I put it down, housekeeping leaves it down, though they make up the bed just like the other one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter