How come Billy Joel never did voiceovers for Disney movies again?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
After making his Disney movie debut voicing Dodger in Oliver And Company I often wonder why Billy Joel never got asked to do voices for Disney movies again? Because you might think since Billy Joel was superb as Dodger I think the role of Dodger could've made Billy Joel a big cartoon voice actor but ever since he sung his wonderful version of When You Wish Upon A Star on Simply Mad About The Mouse Disney could've offered Billy Joel more voice acting roles in future movies. I think the main reason why Billy Joel was chosen to voice Dodger in Oliver And Company was because he was becoming a huge success with his 1986 album The Bridge and in 1989 Billy Joel's album Storm Front debuted after Oliver And Company debuted in 1988. Now that he has taken time off from music for awhile Billy Joel should be doing voiceovers for cartoons and someday become a voice actor for Disney Channel cartoons

Billy Joel was a massive music megastar long before The Bridge or Oliver and Co. In 1985. he released a 21-song double Greatest Hits album. Some hits...
  • 1973 - "Piano Man"
  • 1976 - "New York State of Mind"
  • 1977 - "Just the Way You Are", "Movin' Out", "Only the Good Die Young", "She's Always a Woman"
  • 1978 - "My Life", "Big Shot"
  • 1980 - "You May Be Right", "It's Still Rock n Roll to Me"
  • 1983 - "Uptown Girl", "The Longest Time"
Billy Joel only made one Disney film for the same reason many superstars do... because he had a Disney-aged toddler at home. Disney only pays "scale" (contractual minimum pay) for voice actors. This is insulting pay for ma y celebrities, but they would work with Disney anyway because they had small kids at home and they wanted to show them a Disney movie that mommy/daddy made. But most only do one because they can make more money elsewhere.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter