How cold is it at DL now?

Lyn-CA

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We're trying to finish packing and wanted to know which jackets we should bring for the next few days. We're coming from SF Bay Area where the weather has been in the high 50's to low 60's (which is cold for me). Do we need to bring heavy winter jackets with us?

Thanks in advance.

Lyn

I live ~20 minutes away from Disneyland and just stepped outside.

It's not THAT cold but just somewhat (I can see my warm breath but barely). Looks like it's going to be high of mid 60's and low of mid 40's in the next couple of days. Heavy winter jacket is probably not needed if you are "used to" your SF Bay Area weather (unless you are currently wearing heavy winter jackets right now). I'd say long sleeve + a hoodie should suffice (for warmth/comfort balance). Or at least have a beanie/scarf to cover the ears/mouth.

A87B1508-BECC-492D-B000-52C4E947A904.png
I’m at Disneyland. I’m wearing jeans and a trench coat.

My daughter is wearing a princess dress and refusing her sweatshirt because she’s not cold.

My husband is wearing a light jacket.

I was here at midnight on Monday in a light jacket with a sweater.

YMMV.

I think mornings were colder to us than nights, to be honest. We’re from the Bay Area, too.

I’m here now and it’s freezing. Hasn’t reached 60 yet and no sun. My aunt had to buy another jacket and I might try and find a beanie.

TBH my wife and I have found that if we've visited DL at this time of year then the daytimes can be warm enough, although once it gets dark you may need to put on a fleece or light-ish jacket.

DL is lucky in a way because Anaheim is inland. We have felt cold before on a visit to Santa Monica that went on until the evening. Coastal places get the cooler air more.

It was freezing this morning (Dec 24)....warmed up when the sun came out...

Coming in Saturday from Seattle with only carryon for 5 days and struggling with what to bloody pack!!! Do I need T-shirt or just plan on sweatshirt and a jacket??

Coming in Saturday from Seattle with only carryon for 5 days and struggling with what to bloody pack!!! Do I need T-shirt or just plan on sweatshirt and a jacket??

Pack warm clothes. Seattle look's just as cold if not colder so wear what you normally would wear up there (minus the need for waterproofness).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter