How close to arriving are rooms assigned?

dvcfamily41801

Future Walt Disney World Cast Member
I know requests are just that....but we arrive June 28th. Is it to late to make any specific room requests?

Thanks!

No, it's not too late. Call or email MS and ask to have your requests noted on the reservation.

My understanding is that the list of reservations is sent to the resort around 5 days prior to the date.

If I put in a request for a specific location at SSR through MS and we plan on arriving at the hotel by 12pm should we bother with doing online checking?

I haven't had luck with requests on regular WDW hotel reservations and request when I do online check in

It really depends upon how "specific" your requests are. For instance, requesting a specific building or room isn't the best idea. If that room or building isn't available, the assigner will have no idea why you requested it. It is best to request more generic things, like near bus stops, near pool, the Paddock, Congress Park, Etc.

If I put in a request for a specific location at SSR through MS and we plan on arriving at the hotel by 12pm should we bother with doing online checking?

I don't think online check-in makes a difference whether the request is processed or not. If you do online check-in and don't get the room you want, I'd ask if they have something in the Springs section.

My experience with online check-in is about the same as regular check-in, I get requested areas at OKW about 70% of the time. And if I don't get exactly what I requested, they are usually pretty close. Like last trip I request building 30 to 33, I was placed across the street in bldg 35, which I actually liked better than what I had requested.

Chuck you've definitely had better luck at OKW than I have. Every time we go to OKW I request South Point and out of the dozen or more stays I've only gotten that request twice. Maybe its because I always combine the request with first floor since we have two little ones.

Chuck you've definitely had better luck at OKW than I have. Every time we go to OKW I request South Point and out of the dozen or more stays I've only gotten that request twice. Maybe its because I always combine the request with first floor since we have two little ones.

I don't know. For many years I requested first floor because my Mom had 3 surgeries on the same hip. We were pretty much placed where we wanted, but we were also willing to accept a handicap unit even though we didn't need the roll in shower. Remember that a lot of the first floor units are handi-accessible, and most folks with little ones want a bathtub (handi-accessible studios have a roll-in shower, no tub), so maybe that limited you somewhat.

Maybe it's a popular area that's often requested! I always request Turtle Pond, by grills/quiet pool and I've always gotten it! 20+ times!

Whenever I stay at OKW, I request South Point Water view, or Turtle Pond Water view. We particularly like bldg 56. However, when I make requests, I always make like 2-3. I just made a request at VWL for Oct for a particular room, or 1st floor lakeside. I have been happy 100% of the time at VWL. At OKW I have been happy 90% of the time. The more generic you make it, the better the chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter