How "Christmasy" is Magic Kingdom with no MVMCP?

WDWOswald

DIS Veteran
We are going to Disney World for a short trip December 18-22nd. Unfortunately, all the Christmas Parties have SOLD OUT during that time. I almost thought about canceling the trip because of it, but MK is open until 11 PM on the 19th. It's been a long time since we've been at MK during Christmas and it wasn't during MVMCP. Does it still feel like a Christmas celebration without the party?

The decorations will be up and the Jingle Cruise variant of Jungle Cruise runs all day every day this time of year. It doesn't feel like a party outside of party hours, but it definitely feels like Christmas. I can take or leave MVMCP, so I wouldn't cancel a trip just because the parties are sold out.

Magic Kingdom will be nicely decorated. We also love the decorations at DHS. If you are looking for more holiday activities that are included with your regular park ticket, Epcot will have a lot of options in terms of food/beverages, storytellers and the Candlelight Processional. You may also want to check out some of the deluxe resorts (GF, WL and BC for instance) for even more decor and beautiful trees.

We have been about 5 times during Thanksgiving week when the Christmas decorations were up and we LOVED it! We have never experienced a party (this December will be our first), so I can’t compare. I can tell you that there is still a magical Christmas feel, especially at Magic Kingdom. I think they have added some touches at Epcot since we were there last, so I am anxious to experience it.

We've done a number of Christmas trips that did not include parties and all the parks had the special, magical Christmas look, feel and sound to them! Enjoy!!

I got goosebumps and teary eyed last Tuesday just looking at the picture of the train station and gardens in front of it all decorated for Christmas!

We are going to Disney World for a short trip December 18-22nd. Unfortunately, all the Christmas Parties have SOLD OUT during that time. I almost thought about canceling the trip because of it, but MK is open until 11 PM on the 19th. It's been a long time since we've been at MK during Christmas and it wasn't during MVMCP. Does it still feel like a Christmas celebration without the party?
Regular Magic Kingdom is very very very Christmasy. The only problem is the party is way more Christmasy then that. 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

Regular Magic Kingdom is very very very Christmasy. The only problem is the party is way more Christmasy then that. 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
I actually think the party ticket worth the cost for the little touches like watching the "snow" fall along Main Street after dark.

I grew up in a small Central US town that had a main street similar to MK's. Really seems like home doing the MVMCP and watching the snow fall. :::cues "I'll Be Home For Christmas."::: (Durn! Why'd I mention this? Now, I want to be there for Christmas. 😢 )

I actually think the party ticket worth the cost for the little touches like watching the "snow" fall along Main Street after dark.

I grew up in a small Central US town that had a main street similar to MK's. Really seems like home doing the MVMCP and watching the snow fall. :::cues "I'll Be Home For Christmas."::: (Durn! Why'd I mention this? Now, I want to be there for Christmas. 😢 )
Plus the parade.

I feel Disney World is VERY Christmassy.

But I've never been to the party... If I went to the party, maybe I'd feel differently. Because I'd have the comparison.

I know before they updated the castle show for the 50th they did a Christmas finale…idk if they are doing it this year or not

We were surprised to see "snow" falling in DHS at the beginning of Sunset Blvd last Friday evening. We went into the park at 6:30 p.m. and walked toward Fantasmic! and there it was, snowing. Fun. That park looks surprisingly festive after dark, between their giant Christmas tree, the ToT projections, and the Christmas lights & music down the entrance street. Really lovely!

We’re rarely in DHS after dark, so I’d no idea the snow was anywhere but MVMCP. Cool that it’s other places, too.

Shows what I know due to keeping to DH’s sleep/wake schedule even on vacation. We won’t dwell on the fact that we wake up at 4:00 a.m. and are asleep as close to 8:30 p.m. as we can on vacation.

Guess who’s soooo not a morning person. <groan>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter