How can you check the battery in a Magic Band?

imktdqt810

Mouseketeer
I wasn't sure which thread to post this question on. I purchased them new in 2019 for a 2020 trip which is now due to take place this June. Is there a way to check that they are still "working"? Can they still be used to access the resort room? TIA!

There is no way that I know of.

It will ALWAYS work for touchpoints.

For long range the battery lasts for at least 2 years.

Only things you need the long range for are extras like seeing your name pop up in the goodbye room of small world and a very minimum amount of attraction photos like Mine Train and Frozen Ever After.

If you're really concerned then buy the cheapest magic band available and only buy one.

There isn’t a way to tell. But mine have lasted approximately 2 years. The way to tell is if you don’t get Disney photos in the Disney app.

If you want a specific magic band (i.e., Star Wars), you could use it for a couple years until it dies or wait roughly 2 years. Then buy a standard color one with the matching center color and swap the puck. Then you effectively have a new battery with the band you like

We do have the PhotoPass so it would be very helpful to know if it's working or not. I guess they can also use the app on my photo for that also if push comes to shove. I saw the plain color bands are now $5.00 (no longer free but not too bad) if it's the difference of not having to worry about our current bands not working OR having to hope my phone battery doesn't die!

If you have a new MB. 2.0 .. The area where the mickey head is (where the face of a watch would be) , if you twist /bent that area the mickey head comes off and you can POP out the battery. It can be replaced with a dollar tree battery

There is no way that I know of.

For long range the battery lasts for at least 2 years.

Only things you need the long range for are extras like seeing your name pop up in the goodbye room of small world and a very minimum amount of attraction photos like Mine Train and Frozen Ever After.

If you're really concerned then buy the cheapest magic band available and only buy one.
This is what I was going to say..
And dont forget you can just change the puck out of the plain MB and put it in yours if they are special.

I looked and we do have the 2.0 with two small screws in the back. When I have more time I was gonna research (or watch youtube) of how to do it and what battery type it took. I don't want to assume I just unscrew the two screws and it pops right out since my luck I would break it! Thanks all!

I looked and we do have the 2.0 with two small screws in the back. When I have more time I was gonna research (or watch youtube) of how to do it and what battery type it took. I don't want to assume I just unscrew the two screws and it pops right out since my luck I would break it! Thanks all!

I believe it is a button/coin cell CR-2032.

It probably works the same way as my car key fob. Normally the fob stays in the pocket and uses the battery to transmit information a short distance to start the car. If the fob battery fails, it is still possible to start the car by holding the fob next to start button where information is passed by RFID. The fob does not need a battery to respond to RFID when held next to start button.

-Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter