• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How can they add more value to the Inspire Key to increase sales?

Foxhound3857

Mischief Managed
Because the fact that it's the only key not currently out of stock suggests that it's either too expensive to meet sales expectations, or people feel they just don't get enough out of the investment to commit to it.

Maybe instead of the generic 20% discount for Genie+, they could just make Genie+ complimentary with the Inspire Key and automatically included with every visit. They would still be subject to ILL costs for A-tier rides like RotR, but if an Inspire Key holder visits the park ten times a year, that's $200 they're saving not having to buy Genie+. That adds up.

Could also bump up the Dining discount to match the Merch discount, an even 20% for both. That adds up too.

How else do you think they could increase the Inspire Keys value to incentivize more sales?

Honestly I think it's the only one for sale still because it's the most expensive one so therefore the most profit to Disney so therefore the one they would rather people buy to cover any overall Magic Key attrition. I don't think they are needing to add benefits to that magic key in order to sell more because I don't think they are at present concerned that they don't have enough Magic Key holders. If they were concerned about their number of Magic Key holders, then they would open up the Believe key or even lower level keys for sale again.

Honestly I think it's the only one for sale still because it's the most expensive one so therefore the most profit to Disney so therefore the one they would rather people buy to cover any overall Magic Key attrition. I don't think they are needing to add benefits to that magic key in order to sell more because I don't think they are at present concerned that they don't have enough Magic Key holders. If they were concerned about their number of Magic Key holders, then they would open up the Believe key or even lower level keys for sale again.

If that's how Disney really feels, I wonder why they haven't considered just pulling the plug on the lower three tiers and making the Magic Key only one tier, the highest one, to raise ticket sales and chaff any losses from key holders who visit multiple times a year.

If that's how Disney really feels, I wonder why they haven't considered just pulling the plug on the lower three tiers and making the Magic Key only one tier, the highest one, to raise ticket sales and chaff any losses from key holders who visit multiple times a year.

Because some in Southern California still like the cheapest key available and can visit on weekdays.
And others in closer-to-CA states are willing to pay for Enchant (when available) to have some weekend-days available, especially if they are making a long trip.

Because some in Southern California still like the cheapest key available and can visit on weekdays.
And others in closer-to-CA states are willing to pay for Enchant (when available) to have some weekend-days available, especially if they are making a long trip.

Yeah from the perspective of the customer it's great, but if Disney's perspective is that they're losing money on the lower tiers compared to what they could be making through regular ticket sales, what's to stop them from abolishing the program at some point to cut their losses?

I'm probably just not thinking about it the right way; it's obvious there is far more complexity and depth to this than my simple brain can process. Market analysis is probably a huge part of it. But I just can't tell if the highest level key is too expensive for most peoples budgets, or just not worth it from the perspective of benefits/cost analysis.

We live in New Mexico and usually visit Disneyland two to three times per year. We have the Enchant key because financially that is a cheaper deal than purchasing park hoppers. For us, there's nothing Disney could add to Inspire to make it worth more than double the price.

Yeah from the perspective of the customer it's great, but if Disney's perspective is that they're losing money on the lower tiers compared to what they could be making through regular ticket sales, what's to stop them from abolishing the program at some point to cut their losses?

I'm probably just not thinking about it the right way; it's obvious there is far more complexity and depth to this than my simple brain can process. Market analysis is probably a huge part of it. But I just can't tell if the highest level key is too expensive for most peoples budgets, or just not worth it from the perspective of benefits/cost analysis.

They keep the lower level Keys because those are the people that fill the parks during the “low” seasons.

We live in New Mexico and usually visit Disneyland two to three times per year. We have the Enchant key because financially that is a cheaper deal than purchasing park hoppers. For us, there's nothing Disney could add to Inspire to make it worth more than double the price.

That's why I'm interested in peoples thoughts as to what Disney could do to increase sales of that specific key and make it more palatable/worthwhile to people that can afford it.

They don’t need to increase the sales of those keys. They don’t really care how many people can and cannot afford it.

for years, there was only one AP available, the one that wasn’t blocked out. They used to even have non-hopping Annual passes when DCA was first opened.

then in the early 2000s, they added a second tier that had some block out dates.
then a few years later, added a third tier that had even more block out dates.

they have found a happy middle ground for their keys and reservation requirements.

if they weren’t happy with how many keys they were selling, all they really have to do is remove reservation requirements. But they like that too.

They don’t need to increase the sales of those keys. They don’t really care how many people can and cannot afford it.

for years, there was only one AP available, the one that wasn’t blocked out. They used to even have non-hopping Annual passes when DCA was first opened.

then in the early 2000s, they added a second tier that had some block out dates.
then a few years later, added a third tier that had even more block out dates.

they have found a happy middle ground for their keys and reservation requirements.

if they weren’t happy with how many keys they were selling, all they really have to do is remove reservation requirements. But they like that too.

Aren't they going to start getting rid of Reservation requirements soon though? Wasn't there mention of Disney beginning to phase out Reservations starting in 2024 and replacing them with "Good-to-go days" for Key holders?

Yes, WDW and only for date-based tickets. Their APs (they still call them APs, not MKs) will still require reservations except on "select days", whatever Disney decides that is.

But if they're doing it for WDW, it stands to reason that Disneyland/DCA will follow at some point later in the year, no? Unless WDW is far less crowded than DL in general.

DH recently bought me the magic key pass for my birthday and we have always balked at purchasing because of the high cost. (Of note, we did not get magic keys for our kids because we figure there will be times we go without them 🤣 )
Some possible incentives, but not likely to happen:
-have a different cost for kids under 6 years old or provide family discounts. Buy 2-3 inspire keys and subsequent ones are 50%
-initial year at full price but if you continue to renew, you get a discount each year you renew. 10-20% off or set $ amount
-DVC owners discount like in Florida now that villas at DH is opening?

DH recently bought me the magic key pass for my birthday and we have always balked at purchasing because of the high cost. (Of note, we did not get magic keys for our kids because we figure there will be times we go without them 🤣 )
Some possible incentives, but not likely to happen:
-have a different cost for kids under 6 years old or provide family discounts. Buy 2-3 inspire keys and subsequent ones are 50%
-initial year at full price but if you continue to renew, you get a discount each year you renew. 10-20% off or set $ amount
-DVC owners discount like in Florida now that villas at DH is opening?

they used to have a DVC discount of a whopping $20!
enjoy your magic key without the kids, 😂

they used to have a DVC discount of a whopping $20!
enjoy your magic key without the kids, 😂
Well that’s just tragic! WDW is offering their sorcerers pass for ~$1000 for DVC members. That would totally drive sales if they did the same for DLR or better yet the dual pass that covers both WDW/DLR parks that others have brought up!

Just wanted to make two comments.

WDW dropped park pass reservations for APs back in may if you’re not entering the park until after 2pm except for magic kingdom on Saturdays and Sundays.

I think the deluxe AP was around prior to DCA opening because that’s what I had as a kid in the mid to late 90s with parking added on. The SoCal passes were introduced after DCA opened and they finally combined the passes into one. I remember we let our APs expire right around the time DCA opened and they had sold a park hopper or multi visit So Cal ticket that we bought that spring before getting APs again that started as SoCal and then we upgraded to deluxe. I also remember purchasing blockout tickets for APs in the mid 2000s.

I think Disney isn't pushing for more APs

They seem to rather have less guests and more profits per guest, and push more ticketed events to make sure no matter who you are, You are giving them more money

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter