How can one child be so sick? Otherwise known as--

I feel your pain. DH picked up younger son from school on Tuesday for the same reason. I've got him today, he's back at it. He got his bed last night.

Suzanen

jennyl772003 said:
Here's my story.

YUCK! Getting barf out of all the crevices of a carseat is not fun! Been there, done that, and now carry that barf bucket in the car with us. I don't think it's made it into the new van yet, though, which is really stupid.

I have a family hurl story that I know I've shared on the DIS. I'll give the short version. We were spending a couple days in Sarasota, FL visiting my DH's aunt after a few days at Universal. On the day we were to leave, one child woke up puking and another one soon started. I had the runs, which can be even worse when traveling.

My DH took our DD and remaining son to his aunt's house to say goodbye, where my youngest son threw up in her house. He got "supplies" from her, we asked for a late hotel checkout, before we hit the road. By then I'd started throwing up. We got about an hour down the road and I was a mess, even with buckets. In Orlando it hit my DH and we had to pull over and park at a gas station. We just slept, taking turns to hurl. The boys got over it quickly, my DH wasn't hit too hard, but I was sicker than I'd ever been. We drove as far as we could that day before I announced that we were finding a hotel. Everyone else ate dinner, but I was in no condition to do so. The next day we finished the drive home.

My DD never got sick and we really wonder if it was food poisoning, but couldn't pinpoint a food that my DD didn't have that the rest of us did. Too bad she wasn't old enough to drive--would have made it easier. At least she could hold our youngest's barf bucket.

As miserable as what we were at the time, it's been a funny story to retell. The same thing happened to friends of ours with their 5 kids and their new van returning home from Florida. That's even worse!

Poohnatic said:
I feel your pain. DH picked up younger son from school on Tuesday for the same reason. I've got him today, he's back at it. He got his bed last night.

Suzanen

It must be going around. I sure hope the rest of us don't get it, especially my DD who goes back to college on Sunday.

T&B, so sorry that Jake is sick. I can really empathize with him as we were in your position last week too, only worse cause we were in Arizona for one of my husband's interviews. Madison started vomiting around 1am last Friday and didn't stop till about 6pm Friday night. Weird part was that in between vomiting spells (which luckily for me were more spaced out than Jake's) she was totally fine. We even went to the zoo and she was thrilled to be there. (Okay, I know, bad mommy, but I honestly had no idea she was sick. She vomits everytime she gets a cold or a cough so I just thought that's what this was, but I was wrong and didn't realize that till the afternoon when I noticed she did not have a cold.) Most of it was all over the hotel bed, towels, her clothes, mine, and Joey's (cause yes, she asked to be picked up everytime she felt nauseous which meant she vomited all over us, not just herself) and then also the restaurant we tried to eat lunch in, but ended up boxing our food to go. We actually had to go to a laundromat cause the smell from our clothes in the room was so bad.

Saturday night around 11pm my husband got it, then 2 hours later so did I. I felt sick for awhile, but being 9 weeks pregnant it wasn't anything unusual for me so I didn't think I had the bug too. He and I vomited every hour all night long and all of Sunday morning, and of course even when the sickness wore off I was still vomiting from the morning sickness. Madison thought it was so funny and then grabbed a trash can so she could 'cough' like mommy. Ugh, it was a horrible trip, we just couldn't wait to be home, but we were very happy it didn't happen on Monday when we had to fly back. What a miserable flight that would have been!

Ugh, Poor Madison! And poor you! It's bad to be sick anywhere, but away from home it's extra hard.

Jake is finally coming around--he's talking about how he's almost 48" tall and can go on Rock N Roller Coaster soon. And about how he wants to go on Everest. :rotfl: He must be feeling better.

And I thought he was better...he was able to keep crackers and ginger ale down and tongiht had some ramen noodles. Those came back up, the poor guy. At least he made it to the toilet--I've cleaned up noodles from carpeting before and it's not pleasant. This sounds terrible, but I made him a bed on the carpeted part of my bathroom floor so he could be close to the toilet. Close enough so I can hear him, but far enough so his snoring won't keep me awake and his father's snoring won't keep him awake (my DH gets back into town tonight).

Is this the virus that doesn't end? He went 9 hours without throwing up--strange that he would start again.

Goofball said:
I am so never having kids.

LOL The funny thing is that my DH was out of town last night (not the funny part ;) ) and he'd hinted for me to go away with him on the short one night business trip to NYC. We would have left my 18yo DD to watch her brothers. I really wouldn't have considered it at their ages, but it was fun thinking about it. My DD so SO glad that we didn't do that plan or she would have had to deal with a sick brother. Tonight she agreed that if she had of been home alone with her she would have had "the operation" so she'd never have children. Yikes, that would have traumatized her!

Lisa loves Pooh, I just have a feeling this bug will pass around our family. Sure hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Poor kid..and poor Mom!
My son got sick last week, he came in bed with me in the morning and all of a sudden said I think I'm going to throw up..I launched him off the bed and raced behind him all the way down the hall..he threw up on the carper it the hallway not 6 inches from the tile floor of the bathroom. Figures. LOL
Thank goodness for my Little Green Machine. :thumbsup2

It was just a one time thing(weird), but I made him carry his "bucket" (an old Tupperware bowl)all over the house all day--everytime he moives I said Take the bucket with you!!!

On a related note, when we were kids, my Mom always put a bucket with a little bit of Pine Sol and water in it next to our bed when we were ill. To this day the smell of Pine Sol turns my stomach.

I feel your pain too!! My DS6 got it last week. Thursday night, he's puking down the hall, leaving puddles on his way to my room to get me. I had to wash all his bedding in the middle of the night and track new stuff down for him, make his bed etc. He barfed all night long. He wanted to sleep in bed with me, but I said NO WAY. I told him he could sleep on the floor by my bed and my mom thought I was soooo mean. I didn't want him throwing up in my bed though!!

About 12 hours later, he finally quit throwing up, but I think it was because he quit eating and drinking for awhile.

We all got that bug-me the next day, DH the next and DD4 the next. Ick. Not fun.

Goofball said:
I am so never having kids.
:love: OOOOhh, they're sooo worth cleaning up puke for! :love: Heck, mine's even had it coming out "both ends" without making it to the bathroom, and I kept her! :love:

Tigger&Belle said:
My DH took our DD and remaining son to his aunt's house to say goodbye, where my youngest son threw up in her house. He got "supplies" from her, we asked for a late hotel checkout, before we hit the road. By then I'd started throwing up. We got about an hour down the road and I was a mess, even with buckets. In Orlando it hit my DH and we had to pull over and park at a gas station. We just slept, taking turns to hurl. The boys got over it quickly, my DH wasn't hit too hard, but I was sicker than I'd ever been. We drove as far as we could that day before I announced that we were finding a hotel. Everyone else ate dinner, but I was in no condition to do so. The next day we finished the drive home.
This is nearly identical to my sister's family two years ago. However, in retrospect, their friend's wife (two families, two minivans from LI to WDW and back) must have been sick with this and didn't tell anyone. Sis, her hubby and then 3 and 1 year old in *their* brand new minivan. It's still referred to as 'the trip from Hell"

My puker got my 2 day old sofa...I was soooo happy I'd purchased leather this time around!

Suzanne

Poohnatic said:
It's still referred to as 'the trip from Hell"

That's exactly what we call that trip for us. We were pathetic, especially me with puke on my clothes and I was so sick I didn't care.

Sandcass, I think they're worth it, too, mainly because I wouldn't go through reverse labor to send them back! :rotfl:

My little guy woke us up several times during the night with his stomach hurting and threw up once early this morning and another time a little while ago. I need to go buy some more ginger ale--my older kids drink it when I'm not looking and then we don't have it when someone is sick. :rolleyes: He's drinking Powerade now and he'd better make it to the toilet--I don't want blue hurl on my carpeting or couch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter