• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How can I assure dining reservations? Do you use the app, the website, or call in?

FabFamofFour

Mouseketeer
I'm planning that "once in a lifetime" (or every 10 years in our case) trip to WDW, for 2022, and with so many preferences on where we'll dine, how can I improve my odds of getting that ADR? We have approximately 10 ADRs that I am planning for.

We'll probably attempt the app or website to make those reservations, but has anyone had success using the call in method, which I understand opens an hour after the app/website option?
We are having a split stay, 4 nights at one deluxe resort, 4 nights at another, so I understand I don't get an extra 8 days to call in, but only get an extra 4 days, so 64 days. Do you think 64 days in advance will be enough to assure our dining choices? Here we are, 10 months out, and I'm a nervous wreck!

We have super slow internet, so that could be against us as well.

Any pointers? Any warnings? Any encouragement for this Nervous Nellie?

Thanks!:tink:

I'm planning that "once in a lifetime" (or every 10 years in our case) trip to WDW, for 2022, and with so many preferences on where we'll dine, how can I improve my odds of getting that ADR? We have approximately 10 ADRs that I am planning for.

We'll probably attempt the app or website to make those reservations, but has anyone had success using the call in method, which I understand opens an hour after the app/website option?
We are having a split stay, 4 nights at one deluxe resort, 4 nights at another, so I understand I don't get an extra 8 days to call in, but only get an extra 4 days, so 64 days. Do you think 64 days in advance will be enough to assure our dining choices? Here we are, 10 months out, and I'm a nervous wreck!

We have super slow internet, so that could be against us as well.

Any pointers? Any warnings? Any encouragement for this Nervous Nellie?

Thanks!:tink:
You don't get to call in 64 days out. You still call in 60 days out from the start of the trip, but you can make reservations for up to an additional ten days (if you trip is ten days long) or the length of your trip if it is less than night nights.

It's 60 days out, plus up to ten more days of dining if you have an onsite resort reservation.

You don't get to call in 64 days out. You still call in 60 days out from the start of the trip, but you can make reservations for up to an additional ten days (if you trip is ten days long) or the length of your trip if it is less than night nights.

Ohhh, I get it now! Thank you ... Still nervous ;)

• Usually you do not want to try on the app, it's design isn't super handy for booking a lot of ADRs and it is very problematic when everyone is trying to book their ADRs in the morning. But no one says you can try the app and the website at the same time
  • Use the website. Just understand the website is bugging and has constant problems, especially when slammed by a lot of people at once. And it becomes even worse when something big releases the whole day (AH event, hotel reopens, AP preview for Remi, etc.). But rest assured everyone is in the same boat
  • If you can, schedule harder to book ADRs later in your trip, people who get to book their 60_10 ahead of you will have taken many ADRs for the earlier days of your trip. But prioritize from hardest to get ADR to least hardest to get
  • If you want to call, be on the line at 7am ET, otherwise, you'll be stuck on hold for 2 hours
  • The website will drive you nuts, if you select "Lunch" it may not show anything, but if you select "12:30" it might show multiple times...and vice-versa. You may also go back and forth to the same settings and have available ADRs appear and disappear. Madness!
  • If you can find a ADR for an odd number of people (1, 3, 5), round up and leave the spare slot as "guest", you will not be charged a no show fee if the "whole "party is not there

Last edited:
One other clarification on ADR windows, because you have a split stay, you will have two separate windows to book ADRs for each "leg" of your stay ... at least under current policy & procedure. So your first window opens 60 days (& it is individual days not just 2 months) from your check-in at deluxe #1 and you should be able to book all ADRs for your length of stay in deluxe #1 then and a second window opens 60 days from check-in to deluxe #2 and you book the balance of your ADRs then.

I know it seems stressful and I think us Disney fanatics (myself included) build it up in our minds but it's really nothing to be stressed about at this point. First, a lot can change between now and when you're eligible to book. And secondly, people change their plans all the time so even if you don't get what you want initially, there's still a good chance of picking it up as your trip gets closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter