How can all the BCV studios for 12/5/19 be already booked when today is only Jan 4th?

Debby7

DIS Veteran
Really! Wanting to book a BCV studio for 12/8-12/12 and seeing that pattern of each day disappearing right before I can book it, even with 11 month home advantage. What's a girl to do ? Seriously

Probably walking, you should check availability every hour or so, after your first reservation day has passed to see if your day has opened. You will have to book one day at a time. I had to do this 2 years ago for a studio in the first part of December, for a VGF studio.

I feel your pain. I've been trying to get BLT standard studio Nov 30 to Dec 8. Everyday I try at 8 AM, I get shut out for the first day. So far after checking at least 20 times a day, I've gotten the first 4 days. One day at a time. Wait lists have done nothing.

This is the first year we have had such issues.

I had no problem booking BCV the Tuesday before Thanksgiving through Sunday, exactly at 11 months.

So , the only way to book a studio at 11 months at the popular resorts in December is walking? How is that good for anybody including member services? Maybe we need to go back to the old system of booking day by day.

So , the only way to book a studio at 11 months at the popular resorts in December is walking? How is that good for anybody including member services? Maybe we need to go back to the old system of booking day by day.

It doesn't really affect MS anymore as it can all be done online.

My guess would either be walking, OR fully booked in anticipation of Star Wars being open - ESPECIALLY because of BCV's proximity to HS.

I didn’t seem to have a problem booking a studio yesterday. I was on right at 8 and went back and forth between a 1 bedroom and studio. I ended up booking a studio since I would have had to borrow points for a 1 bedroom. Now I am glad I didn’t wait much longer.

I have had no problem booking BLT & BWV studio standard. Both times I booked at 08am and no problem at all.

If you read the "Number of people walking" thread under DVC mousellaneous; you will see that the first week of December (at some AKV) had no availability on days in the 11 mos + 7 day time period that should have been available because there was an available day earlier in that week (in other words, if today is dec. 5 and Dec. 5,6,7 are Unavailable, but Dec. 8 IS available, why aren't Dec. 9,10 also available?)(that's an example, not current situation). Either there is/was a glitch in the system or member services is pulling days before they are available to DVC members.

And yes, walking/stalking/waitlisting are sometimes the only way to get what you want.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter