How busy is Typhoon Lagoon?

dspads

Mouseketeer
Is there a resource to see how busy TL is currently? We will be there the week of Memorial Day and I would like to have an idea of real-time crowd levels.

Thanks!

Bumping to add additional question - If I am staying with my DVC parents in SSR, can they purchase us discount tickets to TL? They will not be going, so I am not sure if we can use DVC discount if they are not with us.

Since they don't post any wait times at the water parks, there is no "real-time" data. At the water parks, you eyeball the line and decide if you want to wait..

But you might get "person-on-the street" reports.

If you're going Memorial day weekend, I would expect it to be busier than a random tuesday in May. I went this spring and the highest wait time for a slide was 35 minutes. Food lines were pretty long at peak meal times. The above poster is right, wait times aren't posted for the water parks so it's impossible to know how busy they really are.

I will say that Typhoon was WAY less busy than another Orlando water park, Volcano Bay. That park felt like a madhouse in comparison to Typhoon.

Bumping to add additional question - If I am staying with my DVC parents in SSR, can they purchase us discount tickets to TL? They will not be going, so I am not sure if we can use DVC discount if they are not with us.
My parents are also DVC, and my experience has been that whether or not I qualify for discounts is very random/uneven. Sometimes I can get the discount myself, sometimes I can't. I suppose that you could try and see what happens.

Are you listed as an "associate" on the DVC account? If so then you might be more likely to be able to use the discounts.

We were there this week and it was not too busy. I think it will be much busier around Memorial Day because it's a holiday week and local schools will be out for the Summer.

We used our DVC discount at TL. We had to show our DVC Y to get the discount. However, the primary owner (me) was there to buy the tickets. You could go to guest services at DS and buy them there with the owner making the purchase.

OP, have been there for numerous memorial day weeks..., Memorial Day weekend will probably be peek but you could still go and have a good time. You can always jump in the wave pool or lazy river with no wait. The week you're there might see a little escalation, but it's still early summer so it'll be fine!

p.s We just had a late April trip and me and my DD were reminiscing last night how we miss the lazy river.

Thanks for the insight. We are planning on going on our arrival day, Tuesday. We are looking forward to the lazy river and relaxing the most. I don’t want to just hang around the hotel pool waiting for check in, especially since we plan on pool time as park breaks. I don’t want my teens getting bored, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter