How busy is flower and garden on opening day?

b5sgqueen

Mouseketeer
I am realizing that my last day in the parks is the opening of flower and garden. I had planned to spend some time in World Showcase that day as I won't be able to hit it at another time.
How busy will it be? Should I try to shift plans?

In 2017, I went on the first Saturday of F&G, and I was surprised that it wasn't that crowded! That visit was when I realized how much more comfortable the parks are in non-summer months. :P That was two years ago, obviously, and not THE first day, but I think you should be fine.

It's busy but it's on a Wednesday, which helps control the local crowd. If you are a fan of the DIS Unplugged and other WDW related vlogs, you will see the vloggers out in full force in World Showcase for the opening day.

Is it completely up on the first day? We leave on march 7th so it will be nice to see it before we go.

It's busy but it's on a Wednesday, which helps control the local crowd. If you are a fan of the DIS Unplugged and other WDW related vlogs, you will see the vloggers out in full force in World Showcase for the opening day.

That actually sounds like it would be pretty cool.

In 2017, I went on the first Saturday of F&G, and I was surprised that it wasn't that crowded! That visit was when I realized how much more comfortable the parks are in non-summer months. :P That was two years ago, obviously, and not THE first day, but I think you should be fine.
Ditto. I was there the following Saturday as well. It was more crowded than the first Saturday, but not F&W crowded.

My past experience has been that Flower and Garden isn't as busy as Food and Wine. I wouldn't worry about shifting plans, the crowds you see really shouldn't be bad enough to mess up your plans. I don't think F&G really attracts people like F&W does, since a lot of it is just looking at stuff as opposed to consuming stuff.

My wife and I have gone to the opening day of F&G the last 3 years and will there on March 6th. We usually arrived between 9-10am, wander Future World, ride Soarin' (I already have the FP+), and then make the loop around the World at starting at or near 11am. My memory for details isn't the greatest but I do not recall any of the days being very busy. But then a couple of those years it was a bit chilly which might have deterred the casual visitors. It certainly slowed down the butterflies. And, as I said, we were there early in the day and were gone by early afternoon.

We are there for the flowers and we don't usually pay attention to the increasingly popular food booths. But they will be open for you to enjoy.

I would say there is no need to shift your plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter