How bad will crowds be the week of 4/6?

We arrive tomorrow.
Hope everything is good. If it's too crowded, we just leave. But that's us....older and have a nice 1 bedroom villa to hang out in

We'll be doing a staycation next week. We are staying at a non-DVC resort for the first time (well, we have stayed in the cabins pre-DVC). The 35% AP discount was too good to pass up.

I don't really care about the crowds as we are locals who just peruse most of the time.

. . .

Disney clearly has some idea of expected crowds in the near future based on hotel occupancy rates. However, locals with AP's may decide to show up or those staying at a non-Disney hotel wouldn't be anything even Disney could know ahead of time.
Hotel occupancy rates aren't Disney's only means of predicting crowds. They can also look at the number of dated tickets sold and at the number of park reservations for those tickets/passes that still require park reservations.

FWIW, we arrived @ Pop Century b4 daylight this morning, got registered, and within 30 minutes got a msg that room was ready. So we got luggage into room prior to HS entry. Now we stuck in RotR queue - 2 hrs+ of downtime so far.

We generally take our kids out 1 week a year for vacations, however my parents did that with us also growing up so it's not necessarily new for me. I'm not really doing it for lower crowds/people but mainly for the substantial cost savings of traveling when kids are in school vs not. We've saved as much as 50% on trips traveling during the school year vs breaks.
I never worried about taking our kids out of school over the years. Did it at least one time a year their entire time in school. Only have them so long and those trips will be nothing but a fond memory way too soon. They closed our schools for a year going remote and continue to do it occasionally for ‘snow days’, I would take my kids out even more often now without worry or hesitation. Enjoy the time you have with your kids it goes way too fast.

Genie+ is down to $35 today for multi-parks and all options still available at 1:15 so hopefully that bodes well for somewhat lower crowds than the parks have seen lately.
Ughh, "down" to $35 is so depressing, especially when you have to buy for the whole family. 😭

We fly in tomorrow and at that price it would be $700 for us for the entire trip. Bring back free FastPass!!! ::yes::

I would offer an observation (nothing scientific) but my DW is a school teacher and has been for decades. She is amazed how parents today are far more willing take their kids out of school, any time of the year, for a vacation versus when she first started teaching.

Not all these families are going to WDW, obviously, but it appears that sacred "school of thought" that you leave your kids in school is changing.

Remember: just one observation.
Great observation and my wife is also a teacher and says the same things. Parents have de-emphasized education. Its tough to teach when kids are coming and going at the convenience of their parents.

Pirate Passes are still blocked out today. It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow if crowds pick up since it’s the first day in 3 weeks that the pass will not be blocked out.

Ughh, "down" to $35 is so depressing, especially when you have to buy for the whole family. 😭

We fly in tomorrow and at that price it would be $700 for us for the entire trip. Bring back free FastPass!!! ::yes::
If it helps, there really isn’t a need to purchase G+ for Epcot or AK. A savings is a savings.

I can’t see them bringing back FP as the parks are busy without it and many choose to purchase G+ so it’s a win-win for Disney.

It's the first weekend the lower-tier passholders will be able to visit the parks again, so I imagine it will be fairly crowded. It shouldn't be anywhere near what it was the week before & immediately following Easter, though.

Temperatures are creeping up this week with Thursday looking like intermittent storms/wind. If you haven't already packed a poncho, etc. now might be a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter