How bad is your planning obsession?

julsmom

DIS Veteran
I love planning our trip. It is something that I think about OFTEN. How bad is your obsession?

Our trip is 7 months away and today I bought a 'spinner' for our DD at the DS. I put it away for our trip.
Also, I am always thinking about what we can do that we haven't done yet.
I put up my Disney Halloween decorations. Love it!

It's pretty bad!! :rotfl:

We've been saying we'll go to WDW since we got together over 2 years ago (it's my first trip). I started getting a bit of info together last summer - I started making notes and things I wanted to remember and looking for hotels this April. We then booked mid-May and planning has been thrown into over-drive since :teeth: We have a little over 10 months to go - I've decided which ADRs we need and what time, what parks we will be visiting, and some notes of things I want to remember in each park (e.g. Epcot Passport, Japan Pick a Pearl, Leave a Legacy)...

I know I'm addicted when people who have been to WDW tell me 'great advice' and I KNOW it's wrong, even though I haven't been :rotfl: I'm right!! I'm excited today as I get to choose my airplane seats tomorrow - yep, I know which seats I want ;)

I need help - I'm running out of things to plan!! 312 days - and counting!!

Ours is very bad we have our trips planned out from 2006-2009 allready.

Im really bad.Were hoping to go next August, we dont know for sure yet.I already have a box of stuff for the trip, things like disney themed clothes for the kids that I found on sale,some clothes I ordered from disney outlet,and I bought each kid a mini fan already.
I have most of the places i want to eat at already picked out.And I come on here several times a day to get more ideas.

Mine is pretty bad (or is that good?)! Part of the fun for me is planning, and I will start updating my packing list, planning which parks to go to on which days, etc. at least six months in advance. I also haul out my "Disney Box" which has my mister fan, cooling neck wraps, and other items in it, so I can start adding things.

I have to say that it (my obssession with planning, that is!) has gotten worse since I discovered these chat boards a year ago. I often use my breaks at work to hop on (in fact, that's what I'm doing right now!).

Joining everyone else here. We were in WDW in April and on the plane ride home DH decided we needed to go back 12/06. So planning started the next day!!!! Only 64 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with a previous posterthat my obsession has gotten worse since finding these boards!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

For me, planning is a huge part of the fun. Deciding new and different things to do, finding items that we'll need, reading here and TGM!!!!!! Of course, this makes for a HUGE letdown when we come home........

Just have to start planning all over again....... :sunny:

I booked today for August '07. DH had already agreed to the trip in theory, but that wasn't good enough. I needed to know exactly when, and now I do and I can spend all my treadmill time thinking about the trip and planning for it. I guarantee you that at least part of every one of the next 300+ days will be spent thinking about last month's trip and planning for next year's trip.

I plan to go next September(1st trip EVER) and havent booked yet(waiting to see if Free Dining will be offered)but I am already planning..jotting down ideas, browsing the resorts,etc

My first trip we planned a year ahead. I organized everything and had a great time. We are now planning our next trip for 2-3 years from now. Its a daily thing for me to check out disboards and dream of when we get to go back.

Temair

I plan wayyyy far ahead ha! My sister and I made the decision to go last December 06 for Jan 07 and we have been planning ever since... I can't believe we are almost there!

Curse these boards!!! I've always been a planner, but since discovering these boards my obsession has gone overboard!!! I have plans in the works for April 07, August 08, and June 09...and I'm loving every minute of it!!!! :confused3

gianna2006 said:
Curse these boards!!! I've always been a planner, but since discovering these boards my obsession has gone overboard!!! I have plans in the works for April 07, August 08, and June 09...and I'm loving every minute of it!!!! :confused3

I know how you feel,here are a few things that I never thought I would do:

1.Stay on a chat board -thanks DIS!

2.Find pictures of most of the Disney characters and tweak them to make autograph books.

3. Make yearbooks and coloring books for my daughter.

4. Organize tips,ressies,ADRs,driving directions,and touring plans on index cards and laminate them.

5.This isn't a planning thing but I did refer to my husband as DH while talking to his mom.

Darn,I'm reading my own post and I'm starting to understand why some people look at me funny :crazy: when I talk about WDW!

TravelinGal said:
Is it bad if one is 95% packed 21 days prior to their trip??? :rotfl2:

Nope - actually I think you held out as long as you could!! Our last trip (February '06), I was totally packed before Thanksgiving of 05. BUT - in my defense, we were living in New Hampshire then so I could pack all my summer clothes for vacation and not need any of it. HOWEVER...I thought I was right on top of things and ahead of the game by being packed early and all it made me do was unpack and repack on weekends and buy more clothes, etc....Who knew they'd enforce those weight limits on airplanes!?!?! :confused3

We're leaving on 12/1 and guess what....I've already started packing...It's a disease...I need to take a meeting!!

Its pretty bad! Leaving in 2 days and dont know what I will do upon our return! Instead of coffee and the paper in the am I have been doing coffee and DIS for 6 months. Even today couldnt sleep got up at 5am and here I am an hour later.

My DM is coming and yesterday I told her" I have menus printed up to read during the plane ride" She thinks I am :crazy: "I ordered water to be delivered to the hotel" :crazy:

I didn't tell her that I sitll have to go to Home Depot....... :smooth:

I'm very obsessed but I try to think of it as more of a passion. :lovestruc Planning a Disney trip keeps me sane and is like a "Calgon take me away" moment where I can forget the craziness around here. Then I come back to earth when I start thinking about how I'm going to fund the trip. :rotfl:

Mine has been pretty bad. I rented DVC points at 11 months out and I've been obsessed ever since. I ended up adding days to my trip at about 9 months out so that brought on another huge bout of planning. Then of course booking ADRs at 6 months and then revising them. I had a lull for the last few months but now that we are getting close to the two month mark I have been starting my packing lists and buying some things for the trip.

If i may ask a newbie question. What is an ADR? I see this all over the board, but i can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter