How bad is your hair?

Hair is fine... Nails are ROUGH

I do my own hard gel nails over dip powder, and decided this was the perfect opportunity to give my nails a breather since no one is going to see me. So I e-filed the hard gel off this weekend but decided to leave the dip powder on for some structure and just file them really short. So now there's a ton of natural nail by my cuticles and about 1/3 of the way down and then very thin dip powder on the remainder, they look so ridiculous. I am glad I have all the tools at home to remedy this situation for when I need to re-enter the world because this is rough. Combined with my hair, I am going to look a mess soon.

My sister's family has been doing this for the last few years. It will be convenient this year since they'll be stuck at home anyway.

They're not doing the big shave events this year due to COVID-19, but they're still planning to do their shave at home and stream it online.

https://www.stbaldricks.org/head-shaving

We color my hair at home so no problem there, although I'm thinking of just letting my gray grow out. I cut my bangs myself so no problem there either. I actually trimmed the ends the other day, it's long so I figured even if it was uneven you wouldn't really notice. Just this morning my honey had his extra beard trimmer out reading the directions to see if it could be used to cut hair just in case I had to trim his (boy would that be a disaster) and if we need to use it to trim the dog. She is the biggest problem, she gets groomed every 6 weeks or so, she is a Yorkie and we keep her in a puppy cut instead of that long yorkie cut. We did trim her bangs and around her mouth and bottom the other day. Gonna get interesting soon.

Y'all can't got two weeks without going to the salon? Is this actually a thing?
It can be, depending on the cut, and what other things you get done. My hair grows about an inch a month, so when I used to wear it short, I would get i it cut about a half inch shorter than I wanted, and then I could go about a month before it needed another cut. If I had it cut to the exact length I wanted, I would have had to go more often to maintain the style. These days I wear it long and put it up for work, so it’s not a problem.

My salon closed the day I had an appointment for a cut. The last couple of days I hauled out my curlers to try and look presentable! DH is also looking shaggy......I offered to try and give him a trim, but he wasn't having any of that! LOL

On the plus side, my hair will probably be healthier after this since it's not getting shampooed and blow dried every day anymore.

View attachment 483484

One more week....this is where I'll be....

Not cool, bro. Totally not cool. I ask politely for no one to speak about my hair and you think it's okay to put up a picture of my do in front of God and everybody?!?! (It's actually very much a don't, but we're not speaking of that.)

I stopped getting highlights last year and people I told were surprised because apparently my generous sprinkling of gray looks similar to the highlighting I did for several years. Now it's all about a critical mass situation up there.

I cut my hair pretty short in DEC with color and had planned touch up and trim in FEB but then got some gross cold and stayed home. By the time March came around and all hell broke loose so here I am home shaggy and going to be looking like Cruella soon.

I did see a fun meme that said in about 4 weeks we will see everyone's real hair color

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter