How bad is it REALLY?

We were just there last week 10/19 thru 10/26 and it was super crowded. Sunday evening was probably the least crowded of 5 days that we were in the WS. We love the WS and usually stay in the Epcot resort area so that we can easily pop over and enjoy the restaurants etc.

I was disappointed with the F&W because I felt the food and wine choices were blah. Few countries offered more than 1 type of wine and I felt that the food available at the regular QS counters were far better than any of the food from the booths.

On Friday we had a reservation at Chefs de France and planned to go to the WS early and take some pictures and buy a few souvenirs. The lines at all of the booths were incredibly long and it was difficult to move around the WS so we decided to duck into France's wine shop, grab a glass and just wait for dinner.

We just did a Friday night and Sunday afternoon (didn't do Saturday night) and were pleasantly surprised. I think all the horror stories got me picturing it far worse than it was. It was crowded, but not many booths with more than a 5 minute wait. I figure Saturday night was probably worse than when we were there but never once felt like we had to get out of there.

Going next Monday Nov 4th..Hoping for moderate crowds!! I have been on a weekend and by evening you could not hardly even walk at all through the WS...

Hoping for a good Monday!!:goodvibes

DavidNYC said:
We just did a Friday night and Sunday afternoon (didn't do Saturday night) and were pleasantly surprised. I think all the horror stories got me picturing it far worse than it was. It was crowded, but not many booths with more than a 5 minute wait. I figure Saturday night was probably worse than when we were there but never once felt like we had to get out of there.

This was SO us!! I always thought "its Disney, how bad can it be??' but all the horror stories of people peeing in bushes and drunken stumbling at WS on weekends had me worried. But we were here Friday night - no problems at all, everyone was behaving, plenty kids around and everyone having a good time without getting out of hand. The booth lines were great too, the longest I waited was just over 5mins in France. Went back Sunday afternoon and it was the same thing. We weren't there Saturday, but in terms of Friday night/Sunday I would absolutely bring my kids to it.

This was SO us!! I always thought "its Disney, how bad can it be??' but all the horror stories of people peeing in bushes and drunken stumbling at WS on weekends had me worried. But we were here Friday night - no problems at all, even was behaving, plenty kids around and everyone having a good time without getting out of hand. The booth lines were great too, the longest I waited was just over 5mins in France. Went back Sunday afternoon and it was the same thing. We weren't there Saturday, but in terms of Friday night/Sunday I would absolutely bring my kids to it.

This is all good to know we plan on going the 9th and I'm picturing the worst hoping fir the best!! Either way I'm going to enjoy it

We are planning on only visiting Epcot early in the day on Wednesday, 11/6, or Thursday, 11/7. We won't go back to Epcot until at least a week later to avoid the F&W crowds during that last weekend.

We were there two years ago over the last weekend as well and we had a lunch ADR at Le Cellier on the last day (Sunday). I was glad that we weren't venturing too far into World Showcase because even that early in the day, it was a bit of a mad house.

We were there yesterday (Sunday 27th) at 9am. Rode Soarin' with a 25min wait (approx), wandered around a bit and went over to the WS. We bought our gift cards for the F&W booths and noticed people starting to line up at booths. They were just getting ready to open so we hopped in line. Crowds were surprisingly low during the morning/early afternoon. It was a gorgeous day too! We were able to zip thru every booth we wanted with little wait time and found tables to stand at too! We left around 3pm-ish after eating our way around the world (we were stuffed!!). Crowds were starting to really pick up around 1-2pm but they still weren't terrible IMO by the time we left.

I too am also trying to decide if we want to brave the crowds next weekend too at F&W. I've never been as an adult and DH has never been. We arrive next thursday so going during the week is not an option. We are traveling with our baby, so I don't think I want to be braving super high crowds.

EasyWDW says the best day to go that weekend is Friday.

I was there last Friday. It was quite busy. My advice would be on the weekends to go early as soon as the stands open and save some of Future World for later in the evening. Most of Future world is open until 7 but the more popular Test Track and Soarin close later.

I saw some rowdiness a few people being a little loud. But for me that was managable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter