How bad did I screw up by missing Oga's reservation?

Hayduke

Mouseketeer
Ugh... main reason for hitting Disneyland in August is for Galaxies Edge, but in all the shuffle of getting things booked I totally forgot about booking Oga's and now there's no availability. What's the walk up experience like? I don't mind standing the whole time and don't need to be in there long but would I have a chance that way? I know otherwise I can keep checking for cancellations but that's a big time-suck.

You shouldn't have an issue. At DLR, a reservation for Oga's is basically just a reservation for a table - everything else is walk-up - so it's usually not super-hard to get in on the walk-up list.

Broadly speaking, if you want to guarantee getting in, it might help to aim to go there earlier in the day. (For example, if you look right now - 9:30am - the walk up list has a 15-minute wait.)

(FYI - on the off-chance you're solo, they don't offer reservations for parties of 1 at Oga's at DLR - you have to book for a party of 2 and drop it to 1 on check-in. EDIT: But you can do walk-up with a party of 1.)

Last edited:
The walk-up list is very easy! Especially since you said you don't mind standing. (Reservations get tables, walk-ups generally stand at the bar or counters.)

When I've done walk-up, I go and get on the list and depending on the wait, will go exploring Batuu until it's time for me to get called in. (I've done single-rider for Smuggler's Run while I was waiting. Or just browse the shops for a bit.)

There were always way more people doing walk-up than waiting for reserved tables when I went. So I think that means it's pretty easy to get a spot on the day of your visit. Just do it early, because sometimes they stop taking walk-ups later in the day. And as other people mentioned, you will have stand instead of having a table.

Set a dining alert through one of the 2 services. Oga's dropped at a random time for our trip last fall and I missed out. I set alerts after I wasn't having any success on my own-- wound up getting 2 Oga's reservations for times I wanted. Not only that, but the alerts were still on and as our trip got close and during our trip I got tons of alerts. Also, even if the app says the walk up list is full, physically go check. Both our reservations were in the evening- and both times they were talking walk ups even though the app was not showing walk ups-- so don't give up, just keep trying.

Set a dining alert through one of the 2 services.
Do you mean the one that touringplans has?

Thanks for the help everyone! We will be getting there in the morning so hopefully will just snag walk-up if we can't get a reservation between now and then.

Thanks for the help everyone! We will be getting there in the morning so hopefully will just snag walk-up if we can't get a reservation between now and then.
I don't think Touringsplancs has alerts for Disneyland, only WDW. But if you search something like "Disney dining alerts," you will find 2 services. I used the free one for our trips and got some good reservations that way.

Mouse dining and mouse watcher

A reservation for Oga's doesn't guarantee you a table, by the way. It just gets you in faster than the walk up line. We have gone 3 times with a reservation and had a standing table twice and were stood at the bar the other time.

I've been checking for both Oga's and Trader Sam's for my Sep 18-22 Trip and there's been 0 availability for either with 0 notices from *********** that there have been any openings. I'm hoping i can get a res before i go, but, as the other posters have shared, everything I've read is that you can get on walkup fairly easily as long as you don't wait too long in the day. So, if i don't end up getting a res, I hope that's true.

A reservation for Oga's doesn't guarantee you a table, by the way. It just gets you in faster than the walk up line. We have gone 3 times with a reservation and had a standing table twice and were stood at the bar the other time.
I can second this. We have had standing tables/bar before with a reservation.

Trader Sam's is the other I missed--is it the same case as with Oga's, that walk-ins are a possibility?
Maybe more experienced people will have a better answer, but I do know that on the Disneyland app they have a walk-up list you can join just like Oga's.

I haven't had an ADR this year at all and have done standby and gotten in every time within 30 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter