• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How are the crowds at Blizzard Beach (BB) ?

TandDandE

Mouseketeer
Hi Friends,

In April, I brought DW and DD11 on a last minute Spring Break trip that skipped the big 4 parks, but we hit Blizzard Beach for the first time and we had SUCH a good time there. Attendance wasn't bad at all and we got everything in we wanted in a little over 3 hours.

Now that we're on Summer Break, the girls want to repeat a lot of that trip. I booked last night, and since the main parks are all at capacity, we may try BB again (they love a good lazy river). But, before I grab BB tickets, I'm curious if anyone can tell me how the crowds have been this week? I'd assume this weekend would be a good barometer of how it might be when I'm there in a week.

Thanks in advance!
I appreciate you,
- TandDandE

Here’s a post from May 22:

We spent the last two days at Blizzard Beach and it was amazing! Low crowds. Masks are only required for the store and half the time in the bathrooms. Half the time they said nothing and other times they handed you one. So if not near your stuff and need to use one at least they give them out . The main qs lottawa lodge didn’t require them either when in line and ordering and waiting.

There are no tubes in the wave pool now and I did miss that some but no big deal either . Lazy river is a pain waiting for enough tubes for your family then to all get in.

now hoping Typhopn lagoons Before our water park passes expire end of July!

I always recommend going to BB at rope drop. Lines build up throughout the day (unless it's not terribly crowded) and I find it easier to get multiple rides on the bigger slides (and the ski lift) if we are there for opening. We also like getting lunch on the earlier side for this very reason.

Is it safe to assume that TL won't be opening anytime soon? I'm worried about doing a waterpark in a couple of weeks - by then the schools-out crowd (which includes us) will be descending upon WDW and it will be hot. I'm sure BB will be very popular and was hoping that both would be open by then to help absorb the crowds, but that doesn't seem likely at this point. I'm not completely sold on going to BB (was actually hoping for TL for us) so I haven't bought tickets yet. Are they allowing people in on a first-come-first served basis until it hits capacity? I haven't seen anything about making a reservation so wondering how that works.

We were there on Monday. They let us through the gate at 10:30 and held us at the rope right before the water park until 11. Crowds were low, we waited no longer than 15 minutes for anything, including Summit Plummet.

Went several times over our vacation a couple weeks ago (5/5-5/15), and crowds were fantastic! Got there at 10:45 and waited at the rope drop at 11. Got great seats (under a pavilion) every day, and waited for nothing at all. Summit was continual walk-on all day, and the only ride with a wait (very minimal) was Team Boat Springs. While the parks were crowded during our trip, BB stayed minimal crowds the entire trip.

Thanks Friends! Great news!

They let us through the gate at 10:30 and held us at the rope right before the water park until 11. Crowds were low, we waited no longer than 15 minutes for anything, including Summit Plummet.

crowds were fantastic! Got there at 10:45 and waited at the rope drop at 11. Got great seats (under a pavilion) every day, and waited for nothing at all. Summit was continual walk-on all day

I just got an offer as an AP holder for special 1 day water park tickets. I am going to guess if they are trying to get APs to buy discount tickets the crowds must not be there yet? Or at least not at the levels they want to see.

I am also seeking info similar to the OP.....I am a bit worried about crowds and entry to BB. We paid for a Polar Patio cabana for the day but cannot get there at rope drop. I am curious as to whether they will let us in to use it or just do a refund???

The water parks never sell out. If it’s crowded- it’s from 11:00 to 2:00, but still very doable. School has been out in Orlando since May 26. You will not have a problem getting in even if not at rope drop

We went to Blizzard Beach on Wednesday June 9. Arrived at the parking lot at 11:05, just after opening. Very few cars. We had no problem getting in and finding a shady spot. Overall the crowds were low compared to many other summer days I have spent here in past years. We stayed until closing (6 p.m.) and by 5 p.m. there was no wait even for the Summit Plummet. Only ride with a wait in the last hour was the Downhill Double Dipper. Good day! No Goofy around the wave pool. I feel badly for the lifeguards having to wear masks all day outdoors in the heat. Totally understandable for CMs working indoors. We were disappointed that very little BB merchandise was available at the store. Only one themed t-shirt design, and no "I survived the Summit Plummet" type of shirt (my son wanted one like that). We love BB and always try to go there during our trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter