• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How are Southwest and JetBlue these days?

I am big on flying JetBlue but caught them in something that could have caused a problem with a trip to London in July. They made a schedule change and didn't issue the tickets where previously there were ticket numbers, there were none to be found when I looked over the flight details.

The last time something like this happened, it was a different airline and my husband was showing as not ticketed. It was a stressful few moments at the counter, we weren't seated together because of their mistake, but atleast we got on that flight.

I fly JetBlue regularly and have not had any issues of late besides very minor inconsequential schedule changes. Our departure time for our trip at the end of the month changed by like 5 minutes. I would keep an eye on the flight cuts in the NYC area as a PP said. Many airlines will be impacted but B6 will not be hit as hard. Still I imagine there may be a ripple effect for pax in other, smaller cities.

The huge benefit to flying them to MCO imo is being in the new terminal, I've heard a number of people say there's a ton of walking but that the TSA lines are very short because they're the only domestic carrier in a terminal full of internationals. The baggage system snafus they had when C first opened last year seem to be resolved. (I hope I did not just jinx myself.)

I am big on flying JetBlue but caught them in something that could have caused a problem with a trip to London in July. They made a schedule change and didn't issue the tickets where previously there were ticket numbers, there were none to be found when I looked over the flight details.

The last time something like this happened, it was a different airline and my husband was showing as not ticketed. It was a stressful few moments at the counter, we weren't seated together because of their mistake, but atleast we got on that flight.
This happened to me when I was flying Delta over the holidays due to weather related stuff. It was a royal pain sorting it in the airport but thankfully I was first class and could use the priority counter.

I fly JetBlue regularly and have not had any issues of late besides very minor inconsequential schedule changes. Our departure time for our trip at the end of the month changed by like 5 minutes. I would keep an eye on the flight cuts in the NYC area as a PP said. Many airlines will be impacted but B6 will not be hit as hard. Still I imagine there may be a ripple effect for pax in other, smaller cities.

The huge benefit to flying them to MCO imo is being in the new terminal, I've heard a number of people say there's a ton of walking but that the TSA lines are very short because they're the only domestic carrier in a terminal full of internationals. The baggage system snafus they had when C first opened last year seem to be resolved. (I hope I did not just jinx myself.)
DD flew JB from DCA R/T in and out of Terminal C at the end of January and had a great experience. No delays at all either way. She did say it was a fair amount of walking - a long hallway.

Saw in the news about possible Southwest strike before summer. Just FYI

Saw in the news about possible Southwest strike before summer. Just FYI
It will take months before a strike actually happens. It took four months to have the vote to authorize the strike and there is a complete tangle of bureaucratic red tape before a strike can actually happen. The last time an airline union actually went on strike it lasted a few minutes before the President ended it with an Exectutive Order. Airlines are regulated like Railroads for labor purposes. Look at how long the railroad unions took to strike once authorized last year.

It will take months before a strike actually happens. It took four months to have the vote to authorize the strike and there is a complete tangle of bureaucratic red tape before a strike can actually happen. The last time an airline union actually went on strike it lasted a few minutes before the President ended it with an Exectutive Order. Airlines are regulated like Railroads for labor purposes. Look at how long the railroad unions took to strike once authorized last year.
Believe it or not the airlines fall under the Railway Labor Act.

We flew JB to MCO for Easter and are booked to fly again in July. Both times now we have had flight changes that necessitated us switching airports to get back on an earlier flight. We are lucky to use the NYC area airports so we have lots of choices. On our flight home in April the TVs didn’t work in the front of the plane and the wifi didn’t work at all. It was a bummer but these days I’m just so happy to get where we’re going that it doesn’t bother me like it used to. I do wish I didn’t feel the need to check up on our flights all the time to make sure we weren’t changed again.

Have flown SW to MCO multiple times. Never had an issue aside from a small delay here or there. Good airline. Never had much problem with JB either but haven't flown as much. SW boarding system is different but ultimately not a big deal.

I was just looking for this thread today - my JB got switched for August. They totally cancelled an entire time period for flights so they put us on the time before that one. I am going to look into my options because we wanted most of the checkout day to do a park or enjoy the resort. Wanted to take a night flight.

Daughter just flew JetBlue to visit us here in Florida from Syracuse, NY. Original flight had a connection in JFK but, that got changed to a connection in Boston. In Boston they wound up delayed 1 1/2 hour. The reason they were given was the jet had too much fuel onboard and was too heavy.

I was just looking for this thread today - my JB got switched for August. They totally cancelled an entire time period for flights so they put us on the time before that one. I am going to look into my options because we wanted most of the checkout day to do a park or enjoy the resort. Wanted to take a night flight.
Call them, they were good about getting me on a preferable flight when they switched my original flight. I noticed they made a lot of changes to August. The flights on my date had the planes changed to the newer A220.

We had delays in April - both flights delayed about 3 hours leaving and coming back. And it was every Jet Blue flight in the terminal not just ours - they were all delayed. But the new terminal C is really nice - not crowded, no lines at the kiosks, no lines at security, found a seat to eat lunch and very clean! And it has its' own disney store. And the walk isn't long (unless you have mobility issues it was fine). I really like the new terminal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter