How are Disney buses these days, especially at Beach Club?

deedubb

Always Grumpy, except when at Disney!
Have not been to WDW since pre-pandemic. Debating whether to rent a car but would rather not if Disney buses are (reasonably) abundant, like they were pre-pandemic, or are they still having trouble hiring drivers. If we would frequently have to wait for a 2nd or 3rd bus, I would rather drive. Also worried that all the Swan/Dolphin people might be using the Beach Club buses.

Please chime in regarding buses in general, and/or Beach Club buses. TIA!

Swan/Dolphin no longer use Disney bus transportation, they have their own. We were there in October ‘21 and bus service at Beach Club was fine. I don’t remember any long waits. And I don’t think we ever shared with Boardwalk. Have a wonderful vacation.

Last edited:
Some people staying at Swan/Dolphin will walk over one of the WDW resorts to use the bus to get to MK since the Mears buses have to drop off at TTC. If they do that, they usually either go to YC or BW but it's rare and it's usually not more than say one family at a time. Disney buses are running on their before time schedules, sometimes you might get a Mears bus with a Mears driver instead of an actual Disney bus but they run on the same schedule.

Have not been to WDW since pre-pandemic. Debating whether to rent a car but would rather not if Disney buses are (reasonably) abundant, like they were pre-pandemic, or are they still having trouble hiring drivers. If we would frequently have to wait for a 2nd or 3rd bus, I would rather drive. Also worried that all the Swan/Dolphin people might be using the Beach Club buses.

Please chime in regarding buses in general, and/or Beach Club buses. TIA!

There is only one park for Swan and Dolphin guests where it make sense to walk to a Disney resort. Only the MK makes sense, as they can boat to Epcot and the Disney Studios. Plus the bus stop for the Swan and Dolphin at the Animal Kingdom is actually closer than the Disney bus stops, and has actual seating and shade.

WDW transportation is back to full operation just how it was pre-pandemic, and as mentioned by pp, Swan/Dolphin is no longer served by WDW transportation which means buses to/from BC/YC have less stops now :) .. Also, from BC/YC you can walk to both Epcot and DHS, so you really would only need to use the buses for MKP, AK, and DS.. With all of this said, a car rental is really NOT necessary, if staying on-site at WDW, also car rentals have become extremely expensive due to car rental shortages, inflation, and fuel costs..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter