How about some last second MAGIC, Jan 4th-12th First-timers

Bstanley

DisNoid
Hello fellow cruisers! Some info : Although my wife and I have been on 2 Carnival cruises, this will be our first Disney cruise. Also in a play against type - I'm the Disney fan and my wife is the one who puts up with it.

I've been looking forward to seeing Disney's take on cruising for a couple of years (since out first cruise) and when I received the ad for this cruise it was basically an offer I could not refuse so even though it was only 4 weeks before cruise time I made the reservation. I hadn't done any real research - so any comments or advice are welcome. This is in stark contrast to our typical trip to WDW where a detailed spreadsheet is used for planning :-)

I selected the "VGT" room type so I am somewhat anxious about what room we will end up occupying - and also when we will find out which room we will get. So any information about that would be especially welcome. Based on the threads I read though - people seem to generally enjoy what they get so I took the chance.

We have visited Cozumel and Grand Cayman, but have never been to Key West or Costa Maya so any hints about those locations would also be especially welcome.

Looking forward to it - see you onboard!

Okay, so the broad outline of the trip:

A day's drive from the wilds of Alabama to our friends home in Magnolia Texas - probably a couple of days before the cruise starts.

Drive down to Galveston the day of the cruise.

Key West - no idea of what to do other than probably not water related - based on online research the water will be in the low 70s, which is TOOcold for those of us used to the Gulf in the summertime.

Grand Cayman - snorkeling, probably NOT visiting the Rays, we did that on our last cruise and the wife is not yet ready for another 'brush' with the wildlife.

Costa Maya - Beach Party/Snorkeling (sense a pattern here ?)

Cozumel - Beach Party/Snorkeling - something different than the two we've already done (Carnival Cruises).

When we get back we'll spend Saturday/night in Magnolia with our friends again and then head back home the next morning.

We've made a Palo brunch reservation for that first Sea day out of Galveston, but other than that we haven't made any other reservations.

As of today (12/12) we haven't received any paper or email notices regarding our cabin assignment - various other threads on the board indicate that it will be another week or so before we would expect to see something.

Can't wait!

Congrats on your 1st DCL Cruise! I am more then sure you will enjoy yourselves.

Have you received your room assignment since your post?

Last cruise we booked it was a GTY:Oceanview Room - and we finally received our room assignment about 3 weeks out.

Thanks. No real doubts about enjoying anything Mickey-related :-)

As of 12/17 am - no notice of room assignment. I keep checking online - assuming that that would be the first place that would be updated (the paper documents being mailed at the same time presumably).

I haven't noticed any change in the available room types for the cruise so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a really heavy Pixie Dust distribution is possible (5A comin' our way :-).

Hey there,

We are on the same sailing and just wanted to let you know we got our room assignment this morning. So you might want to check your reservation online as it's probably there. :thumbsup2

Can't wait for the trip to get here as it makes it more real now.

Absolutely correct - Thanks!

I checked this morning and our assigned room is..... a 6A portside on the 5th floor very near the stern (just a handful of doors from the end).

Hopefully that location doesn't have a lot of motion - our previous 2 cruises we were toward the middle of the ships we were on.

Now I'm hoping that there is a pixie-dusted 'pay for' upgrade available at the port that I just can't pass up :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter