How about a 'WISH Family' Photo Album!

wovenwonder

DIS Veteran
Use this thread to post a picture of yourself with a little getting to know you info attached! We can later 'edit' our posts on this thread to include some progress pictures as well as (eventually) our 'after' pictures (when we reach goal).

You will have to post your picture to some sort of a server (I belive that the DIS now has its own server). Right click on your picture and click on Properties. Cut the http address. In your post click on the IMG button above and paste (the http address). Using the IMG button will attomatically change the http address to an image post. If you can't figure out how to post your picture somewhere --- feel free to email it to me and I can add it to my website.

ETA: This thread has been going on for quite some time. We Mods have decided to update this thread hoping that we can get more inspiration from our WISH members. /Tiger Lily 03

You're all so cute, and look like you're having so much FUN!!! Jody, thanks for helping put faces with these names.

Here I am, in a photo taken 04/2003. In this photo I'm about 25 pounds lighter than my WISH starting weight. (Only about 45 more to go! :o )
fc45d563.jpg

My name is Kathy. I've been married for 13 years and have one DS who's almost 10. We live in Texas (I'm a native Texan, and have trouble living anywhere else!) We share our home with one very old and spoiled Lab mix named Sambuca.

I grew up tall and skinny, with nicknames like "stringbean". That lasted until about the time I got married at 29. Then came pregnancy! I ballooned to about 230 lbs. I've been battling the weight ever since. Since DS is 9, I guess I can't call it baby fat anymore.;)

I work in IT, so I spend a lot of time sitting in front of a keyboard. I've never been one for exercise or sports, other than swimming or chasing the dog as I attempt to walk her. (She usually walks me!)

I did WW very successfully a few years ago. I lost over 50 lbs!! Sadly, I strayed from the program and gained it all (plus a little extra) back.:(

Just as I was rejoining WW at the urging of a sweet friend, I found W.I.S.H. :D The friends on the board are a comfort, and a very supportive community. Having all of these smart, funny, interesting and adorable friends just a keystroke away is awesome!

I've got a long way to go. I started WISH at 219.5 pounds, my WW goal is 165, and my really-truly-in-my-heart goal is 145. At 5'10" that's trim and healthy on me.

Here's hoping we'll all be proudly posting pictures of our skinnier and healthier selves this time next year (or sooner)!! :p :p :p !

updated 5/7/03

My scanner is broken, so I don't have much of a selection of pics :(

This is me and my Dad at my wedding- October 30, 1998
fc9407ef.jpg

This is me at WDW on my birthday in Dec 1999. Can you tell it was cold and pouring that day? My hair was a mess and I look like a ragamuffin :p
fc9406ec.jpg

I'm Jenn. I'm 28yrs old and married to Mike who's 31. No kids yet - so I indulge any maternal insticts on my 2 hell hounds (beagles named Roswell and Mr Peabody). We live in RI but 20miles from where I grew up in MA, so I consider myself a MA person more than anything.

As you can see from the first picture, I inherited my Father's nose, coloring, height, and bone structure. :rolleyes: Which means I am tall, with large bones, big boobs, and a love of food :p

I'm currently at my heaviest ever (about 25lbs heavier than the photo). Because I developed young, and have a large frame, I've always been bigger than anyone else. My Mother convinced me that I was fat. Looking back at the pictures from childhood and my teens, I wish I was still that "fat" :(

I have a pretty messed up self image and I have to work on that. I also have to work on getting off my butt and exercising, which I detest. I work in dispatch/technical support and spend most of my day on my butt in front of the computer.

I finally decided that enough was enough and I have to do something about my weight after seeing pictures of me from this past Christmas. So here I am and thank you for having me :)

All I can say is WOW! If I wasn't inspired before (which I was) I am more-so now. You ALL look wonderful.

Glo, I agree with Katholyn, you look like two very different people in your before and after shots. You have done a wonderful job.

Dan, WOW, congratulations and such a dramatic change. I am happy to hear your success is from being on WW. I started WW 10 days ago and hope to have before and after pictures like yours next year.

I have very few pictures of myself because I don't like what I look like, so I had to do a little search. I came up with the pictures below.

February 2002
fbf9dad4.jpg

May 2002.
fc92d136.jpg

UPDATED PROGRESS PICTURES:

June 2003
fb91e0e3.jpg

Labor Day 2003
fb382517.jpg

DH and I. Mother's Day 2004
f82d3cad.jpg

My name is Debbi and I am 36 years old. I have been married to my DH for 16 years and we have a wonderful 6 year old son. My husband is in the military so we move around a lot and are always far from family, which has contributed to my bad eating habits, (but are not the entire cause).

I have been working on relearning the way I eat, why I eat and adopting a new lifestyle change. I started doing WW on my own on 2/18/02 and to date have lost 8 pounds. My goal is to lose 30 pounds by the end of the year. And then beyond that perhaps another 20-30. With the new attitude I have adopted, the support from WISH and another support group that I joined I hope to be a success at my efforts and I hope I will be one to post a before and after picture.

:bounce::wave::bounce:

fc8eb9b7.jpg

Amanda--1991
fd26da2e.jpg

Amanda(believe), Todd(shep)--front
Cassie, Mandy(back)

She keeps the top picture on the refrigerator to inspire her to stay thin...
I myself have gained about 15-20 pounds since 1991....many say I need to gain more...:eek:

My name is Vija. (the J is silent. Like Mia, just change the M to a V) I am a very proud Latvian American. I was born here, my parents both came over to America after WWII. I am fluent in Latvian and am struggling to teach DS and DD as well. I married my Highschool sweetheart. I love to read, crossstitch, play games, walk, and spend time with my family.

Here are 3 pics.

the first one was taken a year ago, for my sister's wedding. THis is at my highest weight. DH is the handsome guy with me.
The second one is when I was about 16. Boy would I love to get back to that!

The third is me and my family a couple of years ago at the Happiest place on earth!!!

fc8a1be2.jpg
fc8a1c88.jpg

fc8a1ac4.jpg

Hi everyone! It is great to put a name with a face.

My name is Lyn and I live in Stratford, NJ with my husband and one of my two sons. They are 16 and 22 years old. My oldest moved to California.

This picture was taken last year in Disney. I am about 20lbs heavier now. I was orignally 20lbs lighter than in the picture. In August of 2001 I had lost a total of about 40lbs in a year.
In January of last year my husband had taken very ill and was in the hospital for 3 months straight. When I am nervous I eat and eat and eat. Well I gained back all the weight I lost.
I am on the track back to lose all that weight and then some.

Thanks for having a place to go for encouragement.

Lyn

Dan Murphy took this picture in December at Discon. I am on the far left in the (lime) green sweater. I was probably 197 in that picture.

fc806d60.jpg

My name is Marsha, I live in Arizona with my husband of 27 years and my 2 11 year old dogs. I have a son who is 26, and thankfully lives in Georgia. I always weiged 123 until I got pregnant. Gained 30 pounds, but took most of it off. After about 5 years, I just started putting on the pounds. Starting in 88 I lost about 20 on WW, gained it back, lost 35 on Jenny Craig, gained it back, lost 30 pounds 3 years ago on WW, gained it back. I was looking at some old pictures the other day, when I weighed 187, I was a size 22. When I started the WISH, I weighed 204 and size 18. Go figure. Anywway, I am now on the Adkins plan, my first weigh in is tomorrow, I am looking forward to stepping on the scale. I haven't hung out on the WISH boards much, but I will pop in weekly for the loss report.

Well, I think I am ready to introduce myself. :D I've been posting a little, but haven't said much about myself, so here goes. ( I'm kind of shy)

I'm 51, and I've been married for 30 years to a great guy. We have 3 children, 2 sons, (28 and 25) and one daughter who is 21. My youngest son is married to a wonderful girl, I love her dearly, and they have my adorable granddaughter, Maddy, who is almost 3.

I don't have any pictures of me, yet, but I will put up the website address that my husband set up for me when I found out I had cancer and had to go through chemo. The first picture you see is me in the hospital, 2nd day after surgery, yuck! There is a link to pics of me with no hair. It was the day we shaved my head after my hair started falling out.

www.members.cox.net/lhartmann/LindasJourney.shtml

Hopefully the link will work, sometimes its a little persnickety.
I only kept the web journal up until the end of October.

When my dh has a little more time, I'll have him show me how to post some digital pics.

Weight wise, I've been fluffy my whole life, and pretty much hated it my whole life. I can't thank you guys enough for being here, I check in everyday and alway find something to inspire me. Thanks to you, I've done exercize 10 days out of the last 13 and after sitting or laying for so long (surgery in July, chemo ending in October, and I didn't start feeling better till January), I can now practically jump out of a chair, walk a mile without wanting to die, and getting better every day! Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!

Linda

Well, I finally got a website of my own, so here is me at my starting weight. Hopefully I will have some new and thinner pictures to post before too long. :)

I'm Elisabeth and I'm 23. I have been doing WW since July of 2000 with success at first then lots of yo-yoing. I am committed now though, and I am really excited. :) I will be getting married to my fiance (the handsome guy in the picture with me) this December at WDW, and I have decided that I really want to be thinner for my big day. :)

e_and_c_wedding.jpg

Hey, I'm right in the front of Mickeyfan1's picture! Looks like dalepool just to Marsha's right as well. I'm not sure if anyone else in the picture is a WISHer, but it sure brings back some great memories! That picture was at Marsha's Spaceship Earth Mini Meet at DIS-CON II. :teeth:

Linda, I read your journal. You are one gutsy woman, very brave, I think.

Ok... here I go... My name is Marsha, I am an antique dealer and a Disney enthusiast.. I am borrowing Kath's picture from DisCon 1... I think I was up there in weight... to tell you the truth guys I do not weigh myself... I went to Jenny Craig for a while before my daughter got married and lost over 40 lbs.. I would never look at the scale, actually got on it backwards... LOL...

I go to the gym 5 days a week and do spinning classes 3 times a week, weight training at least 2 times a week... and feel great.. I am now doing Atkins, thanks Kath for the encouragement...and I feel great.. I take life one day at a time... Right now, I am in major stress mode as I am selling my house and moving to two locations.. an apartment in Boston and a house on the Cape.. Hopefully, I can stay on the straight and narrow and not eat out of stress... I do not have any current pics.. but this one is from last year's Discon in conjunction with the group pic that Kath posted...
glokathmarshtarynkim.JPG

smilingmarsha.jpg

Marsha, that bottom picture of you is my favorite!! You look fabulous!! :)

Marsha, I like that second photo best. You are so photogenic.

I'm so glad that you are joining WISH. I don't care if you weigh yourself or not. Keep us posted when you go down in size, though. Those celebrations are so much fun :)

Okay, I'll go next. My name is Teresa, I'm 47, married to my DH, Harry for three years, and mom to three great kids, Joe, 23, Mike, 22, and Lauren, 17. I was born in Philadelphia, PA, and have lived in Southern New Jersey since I was 9. I was a hair stylist for the first 15 years of my working life, and I've been an RN for the last 13 years. I worked ER and ICU up until about three months ago, so ran my butt off for twelve hour shifts, and now I'm a Case Manager, so sit at a computer for most of the day. I haven't gained any weight since taking my desk job, but am scared to death that I'm going to. I'm 15 years older than DH, :eek: :eek: , so I have a great incentive to stay in shape! Don't want him pushing me around in a wheelchair, now, do I? I love to read, scrapbook, and go to Disney!! My lowest weight that I can remember was 118 when I got married at 23 to my ex, and I maintained around 128 for many years. I hit around 135 when I turned 40, was 132 when I married DH Harry, and hit my high weight of 152 about a year ago. I have been stuck between 145 and 150 for the last year now, and joined WISH about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I've lost three pounds since then, so I'm at 145. I bought the Walk Away The Pounds tapes and am hoping to do them at least three times a week. I absolutely hate to excercise!! I'd much rather be DISing or scrapping or reading. I'm doing a modified Atkins, but think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and do the real thing. I'd like to lose about 20 more lbs and get back down to 125. I have absolutely no will power, so I'm hoping to get motivated by visiting the WISH board often. You guys are great and I'm so impressed by your stories.

Here is a picture of my with my DH, Harry, taken this past Christmas.
fca2b643.jpg

Harry and I at the Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK in December.
fc3b7e70.jpg

Me and Tarjii at the Moraccan Pavilion at Epcot in December.
fc3b7e6f.jpg

Me and my mom at MGM studios last November.
fc3b7ca0.jpg

And last but not least, me outside of Victoria & Albert's after our wonderful dinner there, last December.
fc3b7c98.jpg

I love looking at everyone's pictures and reading about them, so I hope the rest of you all post too!:D

Okay, I am going to give this a try. I found an old picture of me on the computer so it will give you an idea of how I looked... say 24 pounds ago?

This is a picture of my family on the day of my daughter's 1st Communion. It was taken in April 2002.
fc2fd790.jpg
(And a special THANK YOU to Kathy helping me fix this picture!)

My name is Terry. My DH and I just celebrated our 13th anniversary in April. We currently live in Nashville, TN, but I was born and raised (for over 30 yrs) in St. Louis. Gerard is from Chicago. Jessie was 8 and in 2nd grade in this pic, while Jake was 6 and in kindergarten. I am a stay away from home mom. ;) That seems more appropriate since I spend so much time helping at school! :p

I found WISH through a clippie on the Budget boards and have been hooked since!! These boards motivated me to get started working on *ME*. Thank you!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well, it is time for an updated photo. My daughter took this picture this afternoon (hence the slight tilt to the picture). We needed to finish off a roll so this wasn't planned. Otherwise I wouldn't have been wearing horizontal stripes and a hat! LOL! At least it is a WDW hat. ;)

fc01888a.jpg

30 pounds lighter than the picture above.

I can see that I am definitely a person who thinks I look thinner than I actually do! Onward and downward I go!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I am updating my photo again! This time with almost 45 pounds lost. Why do I feel so much thinner than I look? Crazy thing.

fb8b0536.jpg

I can't wait to see how I look at my next 10% off goal!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's not my next 10% goal photo but I think it is time for an update anyway! This was taken on Thanksgiving Day - 57# lost.

fa415ab1.jpg

I figure if I lose enough weight these size 16 capris will actually end up as baggy pants on me! :laughing: Yes, I am that short!

fc2b0bbf.jpg

This picture was taken about three months ago at work (keeping the zoo) This is after my 50 lbs weight loss. I've kept the 50 off and now on my way to even more success. I rejoined WW after a 2 month hiatus. Thanks to this board, I am more commited and confident than ever.

It's great to put a face with a name. Someday, I may get up the nerve to put my pre-50lbs picture up. (or not)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter