Housing/Roommate Suggestions?

SCtinkerbell

DIS Veteran
I recently accepted a Lodging Management Internship in ORL and will be moving in June. I was just wondering if there was anyone else in a PI or MI looking for a roommate or could at least share your opinion on housing options in the area. Any help/suggestions would be awesome. Thanks!

Congratulations!

During my PI, I lived outside of Disney housing with a few sets of roommates, and it worked out decently well. Because of my timeline, I wasn't able to get housing in Falcon Square.

I found my first set of roommates on Facebook through the Accepted PI group - if you aren't a part of it then I suggest joining. Lots of people will be in your situation, and others join just to find roommates. After that I found roommates through a CM roommate finder group.

Falcon Square is in a beautiful area. I'm not sure what rent comes out to be, but if you don't mind sharing a room then I would suggest looking into that. Because of the dorm-like situation, you are living in a community of people in the same situation as you which makes it much easier to meet people. Plus all of those people will be working in different areas, and it can be a good way to be exposed to different parts of the company. The apartments are also at least partially furnished, which makes one less thing you have to worry about.

The only downside to Falcon Square is that it can be a bit of a commute depending on where your work is located. It's about 25 minutes to the Celebration offices, so that's something to keep in mind.

It can be hard to find short-term leases in the area because of different tax laws, so if you are wanting to live out of Disney housing, then be prepared to either pay a premium for a short lease, or to sign a long one and try to find someone to take it over if you have to leave.

If you have any specific questions, I can try to help!

From what I've been told for the Management Interns, housing is not provided or even offered, so outside Disney housing looks to be my option

From what I've been told for the Management Interns, housing is not provided or even offered, so outside Disney housing looks to be my option

I see that now. When I first read the title I thought the internship title was "lodging management" rather than a management internship in lodging

I would look on Facebook to start with - I know there was a specific management intern group during my time as well, which probably makes it easier since there are rules about who management interns are allowed to room with (basically no subordinates)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter