• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Housekeeping?

juliekzp

DIS Veteran
Is there a housekeeping thread? If not, can this be it? Here now at Yacht Club, and I’m finding the lack of housekeeping to be the biggest bummer (although loving being here otherwise!). I knew it would be only every other day, but I didn’t realize that on the housekeeping days they’d only be emptying trash and bringing towels, with no vacuuming or changing bed linens. Does anyone know if they do either on longer stays? I did call and ask for a vacuum for my own use, and they sent someone to vacuum, so that was nice. Man did we need it!

I am curious about housekeeping & room service .. We just booked a reservation or December 11-19, 2020 for Grand Destino Tower... First time back to WDW since 11/2013... Son grew up & we have been cruising since then for vacations.... Just called & cancelled my Dec 12, 2020 cruise with NCL Encore & this is now my new vacation for our December 2020 vacation... I am too curious about housekeeping & room service to see if it evolves any up until then..

I am curious about housekeeping & room service .. We just booked a reservation or December 11-19, 2020 for Grand Destino Tower... First time back to WDW since 11/2013... Son grew up & we have been cruising since then for vacations.... Just called & cancelled my Dec 12, 2020 cruise with NCL Encore & this is now my new vacation for our December 2020 vacation... I am too curious about housekeeping & room service to see if it evolves any up until then..
The only resort that is currently offering room service is the Yacht Club.

Truly not hijacking, but along with the mousekeeping, are they still doing daily room checks if they aren't doing daily mousekeeping? Room check on non-mousekeeping day? Or no room check at all? Considering an onsite stay and curious as to what the current status is, so no surprises.

Onsite and offsite, Holiday Inns didn't have any housekeeping during stay; off site Hilton had every other day housekeeping. All offered towels, trash emptying, etc., when needed, just had to call front desk to request it.

It a FW cabin right now and mousekeeping has been exactly as advertised though I do believe they vacuumed. Trash, towels replaced, etc. If you have any other specific questions, let me know!

along with the mousekeeping, are they still doing daily room checks if they aren't doing daily mousekeeping?
From reports I've read -- yes they are. Whether everybody definitely gets a room-check every other day, maybe. But I would plan on it so you aren't surprised.

Is there a housekeeping thread? If not, can this be it? Here now at Yacht Club, and I’m finding the lack of housekeeping to be the biggest bummer (although loving being here otherwise!). I knew it would be only every other day, but I didn’t realize that on the housekeeping days they’d only be emptying trash and bringing towels, with no vacuuming or changing bed linens. Does anyone know if they do either on longer stays? I did call and ask for a vacuum for my own use, and they sent someone to vacuum, so that was nice. Man did we need it!
We had a longer stay. We called and requested sheets to change ourselves and they brought them up.

I knew it would be only every other day, but I didn’t realize that on the housekeeping days they’d only be emptying trash and bringing towels, with no vacuuming or changing bed linens. Does anyone know if they do either on longer stays? I did call and ask for a vacuum for my own use, and they sent someone to vacuum, so that was nice. Man did we need it!
And during your stay, your room will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include:
  • Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout the room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
  • Vacuuming if needed
You can also decline every-other-day service.

Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

Dave

Regardless of your length of stay, housekeeping won’t touch your bed due to covid. We were there for a little over a week and they gave us our own sheets to change if needed. When I did online check in, I received a notice about the changes and I was also asked if I wanted to opt out of housekeeping too as some guests may not want housekeeping in their room right now. I think the MDE alerts are spotty and sometimes they come after your trip is over and likely you maybe didn’t get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter