Housekeeping Question

Katniss

Mouseketeer
Is there still a daily housekeeping service for resorts? I keep seeing the opt out option but then I get confused. Do they empty trash / replace towels daily? What about fresh bedding? vacuum? We are staying 9 nights at the Poly in 2 weeks and this just hit my radar. I don't want to opt out but has the service changed? Thank you

Is there still a daily housekeeping service for resorts? I keep seeing the opt out option but then I get confused. Do they empty trash / replace towels daily? What about fresh bedding? vacuum? We are staying 9 nights at the Poly in 2 weeks and this just hit my radar. I don't want to opt out but has the service changed? Thank you

The service has not changed. Unless you opt out of daily housekeeping, your room will be serviced daily. :)

Sorry for $10/day it's not enough to encourage me to skip room service. I know they are doing this to cut down employment expense and they are having a tough time finding enough staff, but relaly Disney $10? Seems like it should match the cost of parking your car.

Sorry for $10/day it's not enough to encourage me to skip room service. I know they are doing this to cut down employment expense and they are having a tough time finding enough staff, but relaly Disney $10? Seems like it should match the cost of parking your car.
I agree. Thank you

You can't opt out at Deluxe resorts anyways.
Yes you'll get daily housekeeping, trash removal, towel, vacuum.... you will not get a bedding change daily. They will make the beds and every 4 nights they will change the bedding.

I opted out at a value last trip and found the gift card worth it.
They have extra towels and toilet paper in the rooms and anything else you need all you had to do was call and they would come.

Housekeeping for DVC resorts with stays booked through DVC have limited housekeeping as per timeshare standards.

When you opt out, is it for your entire stay? Just curious if I can opt out for most of my stay with a HK visit halfway thru.

When you opt out, is it for your entire stay? Just curious if I can opt out for most of my stay with a HK visit halfway thru.

Its all or nothing.
If you do opt out and then find you need more towels or say you spilled something on the bed all you have to do is call and they will come but they won't come for a general daily cleaning.
If you're like my sister and I who are fairly tidy and mostly in the room to sleep not hanging out it may be worth the gift card to opt out.
If you prefer to get a daily cleaning because you have kids or tend to have a lot of trash build up then keep housekeeping.

Its all or nothing.
If you do opt out and then find you need more towels or say you spilled something on the bed all you have to do is call and they will come but they won't come for a general daily cleaning.
If you're like my sister and I who are fairly tidy and mostly in the room to sleep not hanging out it may be worth the gift card to opt out.
If you prefer to get a daily cleaning because you have kids or tend to have a lot of trash build up then keep housekeeping.
I’ll probably opt out. I don’t like strangers in my room and I’m always cleaning up the room anyway. I had hoped to be offered this last trip when it was still in test phase at ASMu.

I’ll probably opt out. I don’t like strangers in my room and I’m always cleaning up the room anyway. I had hoped to be offered this last trip when it was still in test phase at ASMu.

Just FYI you will have daily security checks if you opt out. Housekeeping counts as a security check. You're not going to get out of strangers potentially entering your room.
You don't get asked you have to ask for it at the front desk.

You can't opt out at Deluxe resorts anyways.
Yes you'll get daily housekeeping, trash removal, towel, vacuum.... you will not get a bedding change daily. They will make the beds and every 4 nights they will change the bedding.

I opted out at a value last trip and found the gift card worth it.
They have extra towels and toilet paper in the rooms and anything else you need all you had to do was call and they would come.
I don’t understand your reference to a gift card?

I don’t understand your reference to a gift card?

If you're staying at a Value or Moderate resort, on your check in day you can go to the Front Desk and opt out of housekeeping. If you do you will receive a gift card for $10 per night minus one night. So if you're staying 7 nights and opt out, you will get a gift card for $60. To be eligible you have to opt out on check in day and for your whole stay.

It’s great. Your get 10.00 per night gift card. And clean towels whenever you need them. We don’t need our beds made for a week. Lol. And trash will also be taken care of. No tip to worry about. It’s a great way to save close to 100.00 on a 7 day trip counting a room service tip for folks that do that. It’s a no brainier For Us to opt out.

This is great thanks so much we will do this for sure at least it will help in off setting the fact that we will have to pay for parking now. These forums are so helpful, we are going for the first time in in the month of December, the first week in fact im looking forward to all the Christmas decorations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter