• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Housekeeping Question. Not very Disney-like room. Curious.

You can request a VIP cleaning at least two days prior to your arrival for Disney resorts. They change everything out for the bedding, steam clean the carpets, change the air filter, dust very well, etc.... We did this once, and due to it our room wasn't ready until a bit later in the afternoon. It was so clean that my DS only needed his nebulizer once that trip. It's helpful for those with asthma!

Can you request this for DVC? Or would you have to pay?

You can request a VIP cleaning at least two days prior to your arrival for Disney resorts. They change everything out for the bedding, steam clean the carpets, change the air filter, dust very well, etc.... We did this once, and due to it our room wasn't ready until a bit later in the afternoon. It was so clean that my DS only needed his nebulizer once that trip. It's helpful for those with asthma!

I never heard of this. Googled it for more info. That is very good to know. My son and I both suffer from asthma and lug our nebulizers around everywhere. I have stayed in some hotels that think Febreeze is a laundry detergent you spray on the sheets. I just added this request to our reservations. Thanks for the info! Very helpful.

I never heard of this. Googled it for more info. That is very good to know. My son and I both suffer from asthma and lug our nebulizers around everywhere. I have stayed in some hotels that think Febreeze is a laundry detergent you spray on the sheets. I just added this request to our reservations. Thanks for the info! Very helpful.

I'm glad that I could help! It's not something they advertise, but we found it so helpful for my son! Matter of fact, my DD has developed some seasonal and animal allergies, so I may add it to our upcoming trip! She takes Claritin now.

Unfortunately the growth at WDW has resulted in hiring folks who don't take their responsibility seriously to make guests stay magical.

As far as prices go, we pay $125 for a Country Inn and Suites near 95 in Georgia on our way down. Disney value and moderate room rates don't kill me. Now Deluxe, that's a different story!

We had a similar situation 2 years ago. Our air was out for 2 nights at the end of June. The first night they sent maintenance out and he changed the filter, we went to bed and we're at the park the whole day to come back to a hot room. The same guy came out and said he wasn't a tech and someone else would have to come out later. See the problem was I worked in the maintenance industry at the time and wasn't buying it. It would be like sending a car salesman to fix your car. I called the manager and they had someone there in like 10 min to fix it. I was still upset because of the lack of sending someone who knew how to fix it. They made it right in the end, but would never stay in a value resort again.

We just returned home after an 8 day trip to POFQ. SIGH

Anyhow, I was curious to find out if anyone knew how often bed linens were changed at resorts?

I only had them changed once because I pulled them off and bundled them. This was mid stay.

Also our room was barely vacuumed. Besides leaving clean towels and making up the beds they didnt do much else.

I uploaded photos I took. I arrived to a room with room not vacuumed near beds. I picked that up myself however "stuff" during our stay was never cleaned.

Upon arrival the headboard was dusty as shown.

In the bathroom was a leak from under tub to behind the toilet. I think the leak caused the tile shelf to fall off on our 2nd night. Maintenance never fixed anything despite my calls. They just removed the shelf.

I think for all the $ we pay we should have awesome rooms.

Maybe I missed something and housekeeping is no longer full service.
I was in the Marine Corps and am big on cleaning. I have gone places and left stuff on purpose just to see it they wipe things down or vacuum. It keeps them honest.

Can you request this for DVC? Or would you have to pay?
DVC does not even have daily mousekeeping, you have to pay for daily cleaning or more towels, soaps etc...
From AllEars; You may also choose to pay for daily housekeeping or have additional towels etc. Check with the front desk for information and pricing.
2015 Pricing: Housekeeping Studio Full Cleaning $30; Trash and Towel $15; Laundry Soap $1; Soap and Shampoo Package $5; Extra Towel Package $6 per bathroom; Coffee Package $3.

If you are not using Disney Vacation Club points and paying "cash" you will have daily housekeeping.

The only things that would bother me are the pretzels and the shower. The shower especially! I can't look at that while I shower. It's depressing and complete trash. I would absolutely ask for another room.

DVC does not even have daily mousekeeping, you have to pay for daily cleaning or more towels, soaps etc...
From AllEars; You may also choose to pay for daily housekeeping or have additional towels etc. Check with the front desk for information and pricing.
2015 Pricing: Housekeeping Studio Full Cleaning $30; Trash and Towel $15; Laundry Soap $1; Soap and Shampoo Package $5; Extra Towel Package $6 per bathroom; Coffee Package $3.

If you are not using Disney Vacation Club points and paying "cash" you will have daily housekeeping.

We've rented quite a few DVC villas through Disney and getting the daily housekeeping that they say you get is a whole other problem. But that's probably for another thread :)

The only things that would bother me are the pretzels and the shower. The shower especially! I can't look at that while I shower. It's depressing and complete trash. I would absolutely ask for another room.
Believe me, I did ask for another room.
The thing that bothered me the most was the leak. I am sure the floor below must have shown signs of a leak. We were on the 3rd floor.

This is true

What I was talking about is a cleaning prior to your arrival; nothing is different during your stay. It's a deep cleaning to remove many allergens and dust, plus changing of the air filter. They won't do anything different that I know of once you're occupying the room.

It was a difference we could definitely notice!

We had a fridge full of leftover food and beer when we arrived at pofq. My husband wanted the beer but I threw it out...I'm neurotic like that haha. But it was a hassle cleaning it out ourselves....nasty stains on sheets. Stick of deodorant peeking out from under the air conditioner. I saw all this in first few minutes in room...how did the housekeeping miss it? I complained, thought i might get discount, nothing. we didn't demand new room...we didn't arrive til like10 pm...had a little one and all our stuff and only staying two days...the move would have been more hassle than it was worth.

Wow @ that shower. I try not to grumble too much about the state of hotel rooms (unless it's really bad), but that's pretty disappointing. I've definitely noticed Disney hasn't done the most thorough job cleaning. Once we checked in and there was a pile of trash on the nightstand (some plastic wrap, some cheetos, etc) that looked like housecleaning had put it there from the previous guest.

How dis you word it? Did you just say that you want a VIP cleaning or did you give more details and instructions?

All of you who have had these bad experiences need to not only go to tv
He froby desk,ask for a supervisor and make a detailed complaint before you check out but you must also write a email to disney with your complaint. If you only complain to the hotel they may cover it up so they don't look bad to their higher ups. Also the more complaints Disney corporate gets about an issue the more likely they will do somethin about it. Like if I walked in to fiND the maid wathing tv in my room and the place is not clean I would have gotten her name aND complained to the resort manager and disney corporate

How dis you word it? Did you just say that you want a VIP cleaning or did you give more details and instructions?

You'll want to call the reservation line and have it added to your reservation. They need at least 48 hours notice before you check in, but I'd do it at least a week prior to be safe. It takes several hours for them to prepare the room. Just say you need a VIP cleaning. Only thing is, it most likely will make it so that you won't be eligible for any sort of upgrades that may be otherwise available that day. I know, since I tried to upgrade to a club room! They said if it weren't for the VIP cleaning, they were going to do that (I'm sure for a fee) but since they were already working on the VIP cleaning, we had to keep that room. It was great, though, and really helped us! So, if you're hoping for an upgrade, I'd really think about it.

We didn't have any problems with our rooms but the level of maintenance is not very high. Unrefurbished room at BC - yeah that room was tired and peeling wallpaper and stained grout in bathroom. Unrefurbished room at RPR at Universal - major difference. In fact we couldn't find any reason why the rooms were in process of refurbishment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter