Houseboating - please share your ideas!

4fosterkids

DIS Veteran
We are toying with the idea of changing our vacation plans and doing a houseboating family trip in July. I have not researched houseboating in many years and hoped others had information to share to help streamline my searching time. We are thinking central Calif or Lake Mohave or Mead.
Any fabulous secret favorite locations?
Company's to book thru?
Deals or discounts?
Good insider information for large groups? Trying to decide whether to book 2 or 1 of the large ones.

thanks for your thoughts!

I looked at a few yesterday for Lake Shasta and Lake Oroville - Both more Central/N. California lakes. Yikes, hold onto you wallet.

They were approx $1000 a day with a 3 day minimum - now they do sleep 14-16 people so the possibility of sharing the cost is there - frankly I do not know that many people let along want to vacation on a 90' boat for a week with them, but to each his own.

I read somewhere to expect $65-100 per day for fuel and the tax rates were 8-10%

I didn't look at the southern lakes but several of the companies at Shasta listed Havasu as one of "their" lakes

I live near Shasta Lake and just be warned due to the drought our lake is very low. Houseboating is definately different with the lake being so low. The scenery isn't as pretty and it also affects the amount of area that is available on the water. That being said, there are smaller houseboats at the marinas than what is previously listed, however June/July/August is the peak season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter