• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

House of Blues???

Has anyone used the restaurant.com gift certificates during lunch? Is that allowed? I didnt see anything that stated that lunch was excluded on the website. Thinking about using the $50 gc for lunch (there are 9 of us, so no problem meeting the $100 minimum) Thanks for any info! :goodvibes

Also, are lunch reservations needed? We would be going on Sunday Oct 17th- before MNSSHP!

Has anyone used the restaurant.com gift certificates during lunch? Is that allowed? I didnt see anything that stated that lunch was excluded on the website. Thinking about using the $50 gc for lunch (there are 9 of us, so no problem meeting the $100 minimum) Thanks for any info! :goodvibes

Also, are lunch reservations needed? We would be going on Sunday Oct 17th- before MNSSHP!

We have used it twice during lunch hours. It looks like they have some items only available during lunch, but their full menu is available all day. So using it during lunch isn't a problem as long as you can meet the minimums for the cert.

Lunch reservations shouldn't be necessary.

Really glad I happened upon this thread and appreciate the OP for asking the question. We have a certificate, also. I had no idea that I could make a ressie for this location at the WDW site. Got the time and date I wanted! :thanks:

You don't have to go for the concerts, but I do recommend a reservation. The food is great, and the brick oven pizzas are a very decent size.

anybody actually used the certificate during happy hour yet?

We used our certificate during Happy Hour on Thursday with no problem. Our server advised us that it was acceptable like she'd done it before. With the certificate our appetizers were still 1/2 price. The house drinks and domestic beer were $3.00. We enjoyed the crab dip, pepperoni pizza and voodoo shrimp. The voodoo shrimp is served with cornbread and has a little bit of bite to it (the shrimp, not the cornbread):)
My daughter said the margaritas were fine. Can't make a judgement call on that because I'm a liquor lightweight.

We used our certificate during Happy Hour on Thursday with no problem. Our server advised us that it was acceptable like she'd done it before. With the certificate our appetizers were still 1/2 price. The house drinks and domestic beer were $3.00. We enjoyed the crab dip, pepperoni pizza and voodoo shrimp. The voodoo shrimp is served with cornbread and has a little bit of bite to it (the shrimp, not the cornbread):)
My daughter said the margaritas were fine. Can't make a judgement call on that because I'm a liquor lightweight.

Yeah! Great news. Thanks for the update; can't wait to use ours in 4 weeks.

Thanks for the update. We may eat there next month for the 1st time. Trying to only spend $35-40 before the certificate for 2 adults and 3 kids(one is 3y.o.) will be easier with 1/2 price appetizers! Plus we always drink water at meals!

We used a restaurant.com certificate a few weeks ago. DH had a pulled pork sandwich, DD had the ribs and I had the pizza off the appetizer menu. The pizza was just ok. It had a lot of basil or oregano or something sprinkled on the top and a kind of strange taste.

loveysbydesign said:
Plus we always drink water at meals!

That's good because soft drinks there are almost $3.

FYI margaritas during non happy hour are $7.50, they are ok but not great. I won't order them
again. The little margarita stand on the other side of DTD has better ones.

Does anyone know if the 1/2 price apps./happy hour specials are offered everyday including weekends?

the concert venue is next door. for lunch time you really don't need an adr but would be cautious if you're going during peak or holiday season (especially over christmas-new years holiday). i've not had dinner there but had food from them during a concert in the concert venue that was good (bar type menu). my sister and i went for lunch in april 2010, she loved her ham and boursin cheese sandwich but i got food poisoning from a turkey club...such is life.

Does anyone know if the 1/2 price apps./happy hour specials are offered everyday including weekends?

When we were there on October 16th ( a Saturday ) the appetizers were 1/2 price and the house drinks and domestic beer were $3.00 same as the weekdays. They also honored my annual pass discount with those items.

Thanks that sounds great. We will be there this weekend to hopefully enjoy some half price apps.!

Can anyone give me feedback on how the Gospel Brunch is?
How far in advance should you purchase tickets for this? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter