HOTHS- Costumes…

ct7878

Mouseketeer
Starting to get ready for our first HOTHS cruise and wondering how decked out people get with costumes. Like we have full scale Jolly Holiday Mary Poppins and Burt, with our little 23 month penguin in tow! Is this too much? Should I just be repurposing our pirates outfit or do people tend to get really dressed up for the costume event. Don’t want to overdo it, but don’t want to regret not either, so would really welcome input from anyone who has done one of these cruises.

I wouldn't worry about over-doing. People are all over the map with costumes, and some are incredibly elaborate. Our group was fortunate enough to win the group category in the adult costume contest - we did the Haunted Mansion characters (well, except our daughters - they wanted to be Anna and Mal LOL).

Attachments

• P1110540.JPG
    P1110540.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 38
I'm packing a full-on Indiana Jones costume. I managed to fit a whole 7-night cruise in a rollaboard and a backpack, but if we do another HOTHS in the future, I will make sure my costume doesn't include boots and a fedora.

Our family of 6 did Winnie the Pooh characters. Lots of fun! There are definitely some very elaborate costumes and others maybe just festive tee shirts. You are not in the minority if you choose not to dress either. Our 2 young grandsons picked the theme. We all wore "onesie" fluffy pj's...so they were simple. This October Halloween cruise we are bringing tee shirts. Enjoy and have an awesome cruise!

We did not dress up on our last HOTHS and honestly I felt more out of place *not* being in costume. There's definitely a wide range but plenty of people who get really into it - go for it!

On HOTHS itineraries, is there a specific night for costumes? Different from pirate night? So we need a Halloween costume & a pirate costume? I need a bigger suitcase!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter