• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HOTHS activity schedule

Lissa413

Earning My Ears
I’ve been researching in this forum and through blogs and navigators to find info on the various Halloween themed activities on the 7 night cruises. I’m looking to book one for my husband and myself and our 2 kids. We love Halloween so I’m hoping the theme is carried throughout the cruise.
But in my research it seems like many of these events occur on one night and even simultaneously. For example: I see that the Halloween party in the atrium occurs twice in the afternoon but one navigator I saw showed another family Halloween party in D lounge occurring at the same time as the adults party and the nightmare before Christmas. In that person’s post that was the only night the movie sing a long and meet and greet with jack and sally happened. Yet I read a blog post where the cruiser said it was played 2 nights. This is a must do for me. Also I’m not going to skip a family costume party for the adults one but I was also looking forward to the adult Halloween party (I assumed the kids could go to the club when the family party ended and we’d head to the next one) I just don’t see why Disney would advertise all these events but then force you to choose only one or 2.....they are all extremely important to us. Does anyone have clarification?

This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise so we are aware 1 night is pirate night and have our pirate costumes ready for that. I also confirmed that at least these 2 nights won’t overlap on the 7 night.

Looking at navigators from Sept 2016 Has Nightmare before Christmas 2 different days, (and not during other Halloween activities) 2 family Halloween parties on the same day an an adult party at 1115 at night. There are 2 pumpkin tree events also. This is an Eastern cruise. I am going in Sept this year.

Shorter cruises will only play NBC once, while longer ones may play it more. Most of the Halloween activities are on one day, but the pumpkin tree and spooky stories are on days outside of Halloween night. Yes, some Halloween activities overlap on that themed night. The decorations stay up the whole cruise.

I did a 3 night in 2016 Halloween and Pirate activities overlapped on night 2....we did the family party in the afternoon pirates stuff at night nightmare was night 1 in the evening I did that while my travel companion did match your mate

I seem to recall from last years Halloween cruise that Nightmare Before Christmas played twice, but the first one was at 1030pm on Monday in 3D and was the sing along and meet and greet. The other showing was just the 3D movie on Thursday at 2pm, without the meet and greet. I could be wrong.

I did the 7n Fantasy last October (western, cause they all were western at that time)
- first night storytime at the Halloweentree that kep growing throughout the cruise. I believe there was also a final event with the ree but cant remember whether that was the last or second last night, I think the second last night though
- The movie AND meet and greet were both done twice throughout the cruise, one time at night and one time in the afternoon. I can't remember the exact times but remember the afternoon one was def on a seaday. You dont have to watch the movie in order to participate the meet and greet
- everything else was done on one particular night. For us it was Oct 30 which didnt make sense cause we were onboard on the actual 31st, but they can't just switch their schedules for one cruise some people of our cruisegroup were told by Nathalie.
So all activities are that one night but like the masquerade party with the characters has 2 times. The trick or treat is immediately after. But both times are the exact same thing. The characters were out in their costumes from quite early in the afternoon til later at night so if you just care about the photos and not so much about dancing with them the anounced sets are actually a better deal imo. The masquerade party was loud, superhot and very cramped, especially the first one.

We had NBC play twice on our 5 night out of NYC, the first night it was played at midnight and then on sea day 2 it was played in the afternoon. The halloween dress up day is sea day 1 so there are two shows in the atrium and then trick or treating and then everyone is dressed up for dinner

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter