Hotels with suites?

AZpharmacist

Mouseketeer
We are traveling with a toddler and would prefer to not have to sit quietly in the room while she naps. Hotels with rooms nearby that are suites? We looked into embassy suites but it's too far?

Also, anyone include breakfast or parking?

Park Vue Inn has suites and includes a hot breakfast.

Desert Inn and Suites has a whole bunch of suites and has (IMO) a terrible breakfast but is less expensive than PVI.

Both are directly across the street, great for going back midday for naps.

We've stayed at both multiple times and were going to go back to DI&S until I managed to score a really sweet rate at GCH. :cool1:

Thanks! I noticed a Doubletree and Hampton inn down the road also. They have a shuttle but I'm not sure about the cost.

We are traveling with a toddler and would prefer to not have to sit quietly in the room while she naps. Hotels with rooms nearby that are suites? We looked into embassy suites but it's too far?

Also, anyone include breakfast or parking?
Residence Inn Maingate. Get a 1 bedroom or larger and you have a small apartment. Free parking and a full hot breakfast.

We're staying at the brand new Marriott Springhill Suites on Harbor (address is 1801 Harbor). It doesn't look like the room has a door to close off, but there is a definite sitting area, then the bathroom, then the bedroom part. It includes complimentary hot breakfast. I don't believe parking is included.

As Susan said Park Vue Inn and Desert Inn are the way to go. Its a 5 min walk from the entrance, no need to fight your stroller getting on and off a shuttle. These are the only ones we will stay at. Don't be fooled by others that say they are "across the street from Disneyland" only to find they are across the street from the back of the park and you have to be shuttled in. (fell for that dirty trick once)

Castle Inn and Suites. Clean and about a 10 minute walk. :thumbsup2

Hojo Kid's Suites get my vote for the comfy beds, the water park, and the cheerful decorpirate:. You can totally close off the toddler's room so you don't disturb her sleep. Take the ART shuttle if you don't feel like walking. Other pluses are McDonalds and Mimi's Cafe being close, and also the excellent gift shop!

Midnightred

Hojo Kid's Suites get my vote for the comfy beds, the water park, and the cheerful decorpirate:. You can totally close off the toddler's room so you don't disturb her sleep. Take the ART shuttle if you don't feel like walking. Other pluses are McDonalds and Mimi's Cafe being close, and also the excellent gift shop!

Midnightred

And Hojo's has free parking as well! We've never stayed in the kids suite but we've enjoyed all our stays at Hojos. And the kids love their kid pool area.

We've found Residence Inns to be great for space, kids naps and a decent free breakfast. Sorry can't comment specifically on the Residence Inn Maingate though.

We've found Residence Inns to be great for space, kids naps and a decent free breakfast. Sorry can't comment specifically on the Residence Inn Maingate though.

W have stayed there numerous times, great hot breakfast and evening managers specials, free grocery shopping and a great location. Very nice staff, willing to help in many ways.

Jack

We will also be traveling with a toddler and we've chosen Desert Inn. We'll be in a parlor suite. We chose it because it's close to the park (REALLY close) and the price was good (by booking early, it is only costing us $94 a night.) We'll see if we like it or not. We aren't super picky so hopefully we do.

Thanks! Unfortunately, this is a last minute trip and I cant find any suites available at an affordable price. I may go with Castle Inn as their regular rooms are fairly inexpensive and it seems close. Trip is Dec 1st to the 4th and I'd prefer the room to be under $130.

Thanks! Unfortunately, this is a last minute trip and I cant find any suites available at an affordable price. I may go with Castle Inn as their regular rooms are fairly inexpensive and it seems close. Trip is Dec 1st to the 4th and I'd prefer the room to be under $130.

Not sure what kind of rate you found at Castle Inn but if you go through Orbitz and use the code BESTVACAY, you can get the regular 2 queen room there for your dates for $108/night. Not a suite but not a bad rate for almost last minute!

Not sure what kind of rate you found at Castle Inn but if you go through Orbitz and use the code BESTVACAY, you can get the regular 2 queen room there for your dates for $108/night. Not a suite but not a bad rate for almost last minute!

Thank you! I appreciate it! $108 makes it's $1 cheaper and closer than the Hilton. My husband is reluctant to stay there bc he feels it won't be as nice as the Hilton but I'm all for a shorter walk

I'll throw Desert Palms out there for others looking. We had a room with two queen beds and a door that fully closed (important to us since we have a sound sensitive child) and a living room with sofa bed and a kitchen with full size fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher, pots/pans etc. Breakfast was included in the room rate. There was an outdoor pool surrounded by the building so no seen at all by people walking. It is just a 10 minute walk that doesn't require crossing any main streets or 1 stop on the ART shuttle if you cross Harbor.

Thank you! I appreciate it! $108 makes it's $1 cheaper and closer than the Hilton. My husband is reluctant to stay there bc he feels it won't be as nice as the Hilton but I'm all for a shorter walk

Your husband is right, it probably won't be as nice as the Hilton but my instinct has always been to go for the closest place! We've stayed there, it was fine but nothing fancy. How much time are you really going to spend there anyways!

I'll throw Desert Palms out there for others looking. We had a room with two queen beds and a door that fully closed (important to us since we have a sound sensitive child) and a living room with sofa bed and a kitchen with full size fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher, pots/pans etc. Breakfast was included in the room rate. There was an outdoor pool surrounded by the building so no seen at all by people walking. It is just a 10 minute walk that doesn't require crossing any main streets or 1 stop on the ART shuttle if you cross Harbor.

That's the type of room we are staying in for this Friday and Saturday for the Avengers marathon. I'm hoping that I can get ready for the marathon without disturbing DH in the room. Did you like the breakfast? I wasn't sure whether the other comment about the bad breakfast at the Desert Inn was the same hotel as the Desert Palms. I'm so excited!! :cool1:

Your husband is right, it probably won't be as nice as the Hilton but my instinct has always been to go for the closest place! We've stayed there, it was fine but nothing fancy. How much time are you really going to spend there anyways!

We will be traveling with a 16 month old so I would rather be close, but he would rather be at a nicer place. I really wanted to go during the holiday time so this is a last minute trip. Not too many options for hotels left

Camelot has suites, but they no longer offer breakfast. No great loss, their breakfast was not good. They are right next to McDonalds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter