Hotels on the DTD side of the park

ChloroformSdxn

Mouseketeer
Normally we stay on S Harbour Blvd so that we can walk right into the park. Because of the way our flights worked out this time, we're actually going to be around for 6 days, but one of us has a 5 day hopper. We were thinking the evening we get in of doing a character dinner, *BUT* that's on the DTD side. My older son is autistic, and loves the park. He would have a very hard time walking through the esplanade from Harbour Blvd to go to the dinner in the hotel and not actually going into Disneyland.

Are there any non-Disney properties on that side that are about the same distance as the Harbour Blvd hotels?

There isn't anything terribly close on Disneyland Drive, other than the Disneyland Resort Hotel and Paradise Pier Hotel. A ways north, you can find Days Inn Anaheim West and Best Western Courtesy Inn on the corner of W Ball Rd. But, that looks like it would be quite a long walk to DL each day. Same, south on the corner of Disneyland Dr. and W katella Ave, there are some hotels. You might be best off staying on Harbor, and just using Uber to get over to Downtown Disneyland for that one time.

Edit: If you did stay at the north end (Corner of Disneyland Dr. and W Ball Rd), it's not a long walk to the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure, and you could take the tram over to the east side of Downtown Disneyland.

Annabelle Hotel on Katella and Holiday Inn on S. Walnut will be the closest but are both a 15 min walk.

I would do as the PP suggested. Stay where you are familiar with easy access for the other 5 days and drive/uber/taxi to the DTD area character meal.

For ease of getting to and from the parks, stay in your favorite Harbor spot.
When it's time for the CB take a uber/taxi to the DLH.
We took a taxi last year and it was $10 one way. I'm sure uber would be less.

The Anabella and the Majestic are a couple nice places on the DTD side. They are not as close as most of the Harbor motels, but they are nice. I agree, Uber might be easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter