Hotels in San Diego

katmigordon

DIS Veteran
We are looking for a hotel with easy access to good food (especially seafood), hopefully has beach access, and has daily activities for guests... we need to kill a day after we get off the boat before we can fly home in the morning. Any suggestions?

We stayed at the Springhill Suites across the street from the port. It is an awesome location, there is a ton to do right there, good food options and literally across the street from the port and close to the airport too.

You’d want to stay on Coronado for beach access, restaurants, and stuff to do. None of those hotels around the port are near a beach.

Did you not get what you need in the thread you started last week? Helpful to point out what was wrong with all the suggestions then, so that people don't waste time giving you the same advice.

Different scenarios, that was for my arrival and all I needed was easy access to food and a view of the ship.

For this, I needed a place for the day we come back since we wont be leaving until 4pm the next day... which means I also needed conveniently located things to do with all of that time that wouldn't require tons of lyft rides to do.

But hey, cool to know someone other than the admins is keeping track of my posts... I feel so loved.

Did you not get what you need in the thread you started last week? Helpful to point out what was wrong with all the suggestions then, so that people don't waste time giving you the same advice.

The San Diego Bayfront Hilton has complimentary shuttle to the Coranado Beach - so that's awesome. =)
You’d want to stay on Coronado for beach access, restaurants, and stuff to do. None of those hotels around the port are near a beach.

Thanks all, about 4 hours after I posted this I stumbled onto the San Diego Bayfront Hotel.

6 "restaurants" - Actually 2 bars with decent menus, a full restaurant, A fro yo place, A starbucks & a food truck.
A spa
A smart TV
Complimentary shuttle to Coronado beaches
A bike rental

So unless anyone has bad prior experience here, I think we found the perfect fit.

Thanks all, about 4 hours after I posted this I stumbled onto the San Diego Bayfront Hotel.

6 "restaurants" - Actually 2 bars with decent menus, a full restaurant, A fro yo place, A starbucks & a food truck.
A spa
A smart TV
A bike rental

So unless anyone has bad prior experience here, I think we found the perfect fit.
That is right by the Convention Center, further South from the Port.

A spa
A smart TV
A bike rental

I just found this post and was going to suggest this. I've stayed here before and it's nice. Not super close to port, as others pointed out (though not that far away), but it's a nice hotel. Lots of dining options, and there is a boardwalk and water view (but no real beach). It's also walking distance to the Gaslamp Quarter which has good food options.

A spa
A smart TV
A bike rental

Yeah, but the Hotel del has room 3327. Just sayin'.

The Hotel del Coronado is amazing. Great beach and many food options within a few minutes walk.

I had considered Kona Kai, but I couldn't find much on YouTube and I couldn't find anything here on the dis. It just seemed like a lot of money to put out without being able to talk to folks who had gone before.

Kona Kai on Shelter Island is really nice and has a small private beach.

If I had the funds, I would pick the Hotel del Coronado without reading any reviews. It is a venerable institution. Is it the inspiration for WDW’s Grand Floridian?

In 1990, I stayed at the San Diego Princess. That was its second life. Now it is Paradise Point (TripAdvisor’s #1 Resort in SD). Slated to change hands again, next to be a Margaritaville. On Mission Bay. It seemed so far removed from the bustle of town.

Lots of nice choices. TripAdvisor lists 7 resorts in SD - they should have nice pools and daily activities.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter