hotels for the way down and the way back

firecracker

never been tagged, but that's OK...I'm secure abou
We're traveling from Indiana to Orlando in 2 weeks. We hoping to make it to Macon Georgia the first day. Do any of you have suggestions for websites to use for searching for good deals?

Don't know of any websites...but you should know that when driving to Florida through Georgia on Interstate 75, you want to take I-475, aka the Macon by-pass. I-75 takes a "detour" from its straight path through GA to go through Macon. The direct route to Florida is to take 475. I am telling you this information so that you don't book a room in Macon and then waste time going out of your way. Hope this helps.

DH and I like Holiday Inn Express. They are everywhere so you shouldn't have a hard time finding one on your route. The rooms are always clean and if you're lucky you can find one with an indoor pool (great if you've been in the car all day!) They all have continental breakfast free. I think the address is www.basshotels.com.

Hi,
I have a website that should be useful to you. It is roomsavers
You can select a hwy and this will give you a list of hotels at each exit.

We're driving from Indianapolis area in 4 weeks and we usually stop in Marietta just south of Atlanta. There is a Fairfield Inn right off the highway that is very clean and they offer a free breakfast with the room. I think it is usually around $50 for the night. It is right in a corporate area so the area is nice & safe as well. I usually just book it online & print out my confirmation email they send to make sure it's all set in stone. Good luck & have fun! =)

Marietta is on the north side of Atlanta. I know where that Fairgfield Inn is and it is very convenient. However, I would suggest staying on the south side of Atlanta, south of the southern side of the I-285 loop (aka the "perimeter" to us locals), to avoid morning rush hour in Atlanta. Have a safe trip.

Yeah, north....that is what I meant but I have a severe case of pregnancy brain going. The other day I set the phone down in the middle of a conversation with my DH and just went on about my business while he sat on the phone puzzled listening to me and my DD in the background. I totally forgot I was even talking to him! 2 1/2 hours later I tried to use the phone & was puzzled as to why it was off the hook until my DH reminded me we were having a conversation. LOL I think I'm losing it!

LOL Mosmom! I suffered from pregnancy brain too, and unfortunately, I never recovered all of those missing brain cells after the birth of DS#2 who is now 4. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

You might try Choice Hotels (Comfort, Quality, Clarion, Sleep). If you get a Guest Privileges card, you get a free room after about 10 stays, plus you can get free upgrades and are supposed to be guaranteed the lowest corporate rate. Plug in Choice Hotels in your search engine and it should show up. They have an 800 number for the reservations. Number is 1-800-770-6800. www.guestprivileges.com We stay in Comfort Suites a lot and get the king sized bed for DH and myself with a pull out sofa for our 8 yr old son. You get a microwave and minifrig, plus free breakfast in the AM.

You might try Choice Hotels (Comfort, Quality, Clarion, Sleep). If you get a Guest Privileges card, you get a free room after about 10 stays, plus you can get free upgrades and are supposed to be guaranteed the lowest corporate rate. Plug in Choice Hotels in your search engine and it should show up. They have an 800 number for the reservations. Number is 1-800-770-6800. www.guestprivileges.com We stay in Comfort Suites a lot and get the king sized bed for DH and myself with a pull out sofa for our 8 yr old son. You get a microwave and minifrig, plus free breakfast in the AM.

We drive down from Michigan. Last month we stayed at the Rodeway Inn in Macon. We'd never stayed at one before, so we weren't sure what to expect. It's at Exit 3 off I-475. We paid $40 for the room (AAA rate). The room was large, clean & comfy. It had a fridge and a microwave, two queen beds. The "continental breakfast" offered was donuts -- not exactly what we were looking for, but for the $40, we'd definitely stay there again. Also, it's right next to Super Walmart, so we were able to pick up some allergy medicine for our ds first thing in the a.m.

I was the original poster of this thread. I used the roomsaver.com URL that had been posted. It saved us at least $30. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Perry Georgia (about 20 miles south of Macon. We got a FREE HOT BUFFET breakfast with our room (only had to pay the tip) for $49! I mean eggs, gravy, grits, meats, fruits, you name it.... The advertised rate on the I75 billboards was $59! We were thrilled.

On the way home, we left ASMo at 10:30 and stopped 25 miles north of Chattanooga, again at a HI Express. This time we saved over $20. There was a good breakfast the next morning, but not like the GA hotel. It was "extended continental" or whatever, but still good.

Thanks to all who posted!

firecracker!

Firecracker: Just curious, did you walk into the hotel with the Roomsaver coupon, call from the road, or reserve before you left?

For the Perry, GA hotel, I booked online, printed out my confirmation sheet and took that in with me at check-in.

For the TN hotel, we hadn't booked anything because we didn't know how far we'd get the first day. On the way to FL, I had picked up the TN roomsaver booklet at a welcome center and we chose from there while on the road. We don't have a cell phone, so I just walked in. I said, do you have any rooms available and she got all happy and said, YES! Our rate is normally $74, but I can give you the manager's special of $69! I handed her the booklet advertising $49 and she sadly said, yeah, I can give you that rate...

I love a deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter