• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotels by DisneyLand ?

FlowersChild

DIS Veteran
I am thinking about doing DisneyLand for about 11 days in June to help prepare me for my 30th Birthday DisneyLand Vacation coming up around Jan and/Feb 2007 ( this will be a grand vacation of 2 or more weeks in DisneyLand)

Anyways I have never been to DisneyLand so I was looking online for hotels with a low rate. A Hotel is only a place to sleep because I am going for DisneyLand. So a rate from $50 to $70 would be great. I would rather have a hotel that was like a 5 min walk to DisneyLand if I could. But I dont' like to cross busy streets. A 2 lane street I can handle but anything more am I am scared. So If their is a busy street I would have to cross I would rather have a hotel that was more far away where I could just take a shuttle to the parks and back.

Since this is only a test trip I guess to be safe I could always book a hotel with a Shuttle, and when I get to DisneyLand on one of the blockout days then I could see for myself if that street is to busy or not and that way I would know what to do for my 30th Birthday trip. There is a Super Motel 8 right be DisneyLand where I would have to cross that street, and also a Red Roof Inn where I could take a shuttle and both have pretty low prices. Any other ideas would be great.

Sorry to break it to you but any streets you'd have to cross are very busy. The main streets nearby that hotels would be on are Ball,Harbor, and Katella all of which seem to fit what you consider to be a busy street that you would be scared of. Due to that I don't think you have any option other than to stay at a hotel with a shuttle, walking doesn't seem like it would be a choice for you. Tons of hotels have shuttles though so it won't be hard to find several to pick from.

xmelissax said:
Sorry to break it to you but any streets you'd have to cross are very busy. The main streets nearby that hotels would be on are Ball,Harbor, and Katella all of which seem to fit what you consider to be a busy street that you would be scared of. Due to that I don't think you have any option other than to stay at a hotel with a shuttle, walking doesn't seem like it would be a choice for you. Tons of hotels have shuttles though so it won't be hard to find several to pick from.

Awwww Melissa I have a sister named that lol Anyways that is most likely what I will do in June. If I do find hotels very close to Disney where I don't have to cross a busy street I can always remember that hotel for my 30th Birthday trip. Also since my 30th Birthday is so special I might even do a DisneyLand Hotel lol

Here is an ariel view of the Disneyland Resort. You can see many motels around the park. The only three that you can walk from and not crossa multi lane street are, The Candy Cane Inn, The Alpine Inn and the Desert Palm Inn and Suites. These three are not listed on the map but are located about an inch to the right of the Portofino Inn.
http://www.beachcalifornia.com/dlmp.html
The Candy Cane Is a nice place to stay but generally mroe than $70. The Desrt Palm is also generally more than $70 but you might get lucky and find a good rate. The Alpine Inn is an old motel that is kept up decently and can be had for less than $70.

Also, there are pedestrian-activatable (I know it's not a word) WALK lights at all the 'busy' intersections. If the OP stays at any property on the opposite side of Harbor Boulevard from the DisneyLand entrance, they can cross at the main crosswalk with dozens of other Guests every few minutes. Traffic really DOES stop at the red lights there, it's very safe. The park entrance is about opposite the Park Vue/Desert Inn on the photograph Daannzz linked. Also note there are MANY more properties on that side of the street, and on the side streets off it, than are named in the picture.

I just wanted to second kaytieelder.....The main crosswalk out to Harbor is not any ordinary cross walk. The pedestrian area is very, very wide and I have never crossed there when there hasn't been a whole bunch of people crossing with me. The lights are very long so you have a lot of time to get across.

I have crossed many streets in China and they are notorious for 'get across any way you can' and this is nothing like that. It is very safe, very well lit and there is almost always a crowd that you can cross with.

Look at the Holiday Inn at Walnut and Ball. You do not need to cross any major streets to get to DL.

Options from hotel to DL are.

Take the ART shuttle from the hotel

Walk from the Holiday to the Mickey and Friends Parking Lot and take the tram into DTD. Walk is about a quarter mile (this is what I do) it's a five minute walk.

Walk from the Holiday Inn to DTD (about a thrid of a mile) and take the monorail into DL.

I stay at this Holiday Inn at least once every month. For pictures to to http://www.dlresortinfo.com

Hope this helps.

judimouse

We stayed at the Super 8 on Disneyland DR - I believe we were able to get it for $48 a night - we could have gotten ART right at the hotel - but chose to walk to the Mickey and Friends lot and take the shuttle to the park - took us about 7 minutes to walk, and only 1 larger street to cross with a cross walk - we crossed with 5 small children and I never felt nervous at all. It was clean and comfortable - I had a great maid! They have coffee and doughnuts in the morning! Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter