Hotels at universal

buzz for boys

<font color=royalblue><marquee>Certified Serious S
Me again !!

I am thinking about a stay at universal to getthe early entry into Harry Potter Land.
I have read that there is no provisions for disabled guests and it is a must do for my boys but no way would Cam be able to stand in a queue for much more than 20 minutes !!

So my question is all universal hotels look very upmarket but which one is most suited to small children ????

I have looked at the website and tbh they all come across as being very adult orientated am i wrong?? Dont want to worry about the kids making too much noise etc !!

Louise x

You're right Louise, none of the three hotels are particularly child-friendly. In fact, I don't remember seeing any young children during my stays at RPR and HRH. If I had to recommend one, it'd be HRH as it has the "cool" factor.

I'm very surprised the previous poster described the Universal resorts as not child-friendly.

We have had numerous stays at both Hard Rock Hotel and Portofino Bay Hotel and there have always been lots of children enjoying the resorts. At both hotels there were plenty of pool games and activities for the children to participate in, organised by hotel staff.

My three children absolutely love the Hard Rock - the pool is fabulous and it's a resort with a real "buzz". In all of our stays there have been children aplenty.

I'm very surprised the previous poster described the Universal resorts as not child-friendly.

Maybe not 'not child-friendly', but not geared towards kids in the way, say, All Stars or Pop Century are is how I see them.

Agree that HRH would probably be the best bet for the 'cool factor'.

By all accounts though, WWOHP is very cramped and not the greatest in terms of disabled accesibility :sad2:

:goodvibes

me again (thats the stalker) ivealready told you this on the phone but ill add incase anyone else reading this needs to know..
kids were 5 7 and 9 when we stayed at hrh, and they adored it!!
they were spoilt rotten by the concierge staff, cakes and ice cream all the way!!
hth
tracy:hug:

All resorts are child friendly, otherwise i would not be spending my whole holidays at them for the last 5 years, and my own personal opinion is for younger children prob about 11 and under RPR is excellent, my DD is 14 and RPR is her fav, while the others do have a slide kids soon get bored with it, especially if you have a longer stay. PBH would be the one i would say is least of the 3for children, but they are still made welcome with plenty going on for them.
While Universal do have the Gac, all the rides are wheelchair accessable, but not sure you will be put to the front, have seen people going through the line in their wheelchairs,and others who wait at the entrance to the ride while people with them join the normal queue, and they join them when they reach entrance.
maybe someone who has been could tell you, or post on the Universal park section on here, as Phantom works in guest services

Maybe not 'not child-friendly', but not geared towards kids in the way, say, All Stars or Pop Century are is how I see them.

Thank you Luke, that's exactly what I meant. :thumbsup2

In my opinion, the hotels are geared more towards adults than children. Obviously children can (and do) enjoy themselves there. Maybe the atmosphere at RPR and HRH felt very 'adult' to me because I didn't come across any young children, as I said earlier.

Anyway, I stick by my suggestion of HRH. :)

We stayed in Hard Rock Hotel in July. Pool was full of families from babies to teens.
During the day and evening there are lots of pool games for the kids.
Lobby had guitar hero and Xbox and Wii's set up for the younger set to play with in the afternoons and evenings.
I can't speak for the other Universal hotels but we would definitely stay in HRH again :goodvibes

The HRH have always gone out of their way to make my kids feel at home.

They went above and beyond to help my disabled son, this included leaving us a bed-full of brand new boxed toys for him and my daughter one night. We couldn't believe our eyes when we walked in.

The valet guys also took my daughter for rides on their golf buggy.

There are pool games with a DJ all day as well, so I would say it is very child friendly.

I have read that there is no provisions for disabled guests and it is a must do for my boys but no way would Cam be able to stand in a queue for much more than 20 minutes !!

While Universal do their own version of a GAC it does have restricitons on it. When we were there last year for example they couldn't be used on the newer rides like HRRR - so I would assume the same would be true of the new Harry Potter ride.

While Universal do their own version of a GAC it does have restricitons on it. When we were there last year for example they couldn't be used on the newer rides like HRRR - so I would assume the same would be true of the new Harry Potter ride.

Ive asked Universal about this and the Harry Potter land as no provisons for the GAC and the only way you can cut down wait time is by being a resort guest as you can then make use of teh early entry to HP land !!!

Even then there'll probably still be waits, although when you're going hopefully a bit of the initial rush will have died down :)

:goodvibes

They are all child friendly, you may not though see as many children around. Quite simply because your pockets need to be an awful lot deeper to stay here than at say the all star or pop resorts.

They are all child friendly, you may not though see as many children around. Quite simply because your pockets need to be an awful lot deeper to stay here than at say the all star or pop resorts.

You might be on to something there. Might explain why I didn't see any young children during my stays.

This is from the first night there of that stay in 2008..

Champagne, Chocolate Strawberries, Donkey, Spongebob and Scooby..

037.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter