Hotels allowing entry?

Jrits

DIS Veteran
Can I get into contemporary with out reservations? What is best way to get from dolphin to MK to be there 1hr before opening? I want to get dropped at contemporary and walk if allowed bc I don’t believe they allow Uber in prior to 1 hour before opening

Can I get into contemporary with out reservations? What is best way to get from dolphin to MK to be there 1hr before opening? I want to get dropped at contemporary and walk if allowed bc I don’t believe they allow Uber in prior to 1 hour before opening
You can get into the building with no issue. Being a MK resort with limited parking, they can be very strict on who drives onto the property.

Without a reservation Contemporary had not been allowing guests to get dropped off there via uber or whatever. So I guess it would depend on how you plan to get to the contemporary. There were lots of posts for awhile where people had resorted to mobile ordering from Contemp, bc the guards at the gates would request to see it before allowing the uber in. Sometimes that didn't even work.

were lots of posts for awhile where people had resorted to mobile ordering from Contemp, bc the guards at the gates would request to see it before allowing the uber in. Sometimes that didn't even work.

Disney closed that loophole by only allowing mobile order at Contemp Cafe for people staying at the Contemporary. Not sure if they dropped that requirement.

OP, people on the Swan/Dolphin thread are a good source of info.

I remember reading in a thread yesterday that one alternative is Uber to Transportation and Ticket Center center and take monorail

Without a reservation Contemporary had not been allowing guests to get dropped off there via uber or whatever. So I guess it would depend on how you plan to get to the contemporary. There were lots of posts for awhile where people had resorted to mobile ordering from Contemp, bc the guards at the gates would request to see it before allowing the uber in. Sometimes that didn't even work.
How did they handle an Uber coming to pick up a guest at CR? We stayed there NYE week and had Uber pick us up but never asked if they had issues getting in. Any idea what the driver has to do? Couldn't the driver say he has a pick up (in addition to his drop off)?

How did they handle an Uber coming to pick up a guest at CR? We stayed there NYE week and had Uber pick us up but never asked if they had issues getting in. Any idea what the driver has to do? Couldn't the driver say he has a pick up (in addition to his drop off)?
They were allowing drivers in to pick up. They were not allowing drop offs without ADR or CR hotel reservation. I’m not sure that an Uber or Lyft driver could set up a pick up of a new passenger while the current ride is still in progress.

They were allowing drivers in to pick up. They were not allowing drop offs without ADR or CR hotel reservation. I’m not sure that an Uber or Lyft driver could set up a pick up of a new passenger while the current ride is still in progress.
Sure they can. I've had it happen often. My pickup even says "driver is ending a ride" or something like that. Had passengers get out of the car and we got in it

Anyway, I guess you could ask your driver to explain to the guard that they are picking up someone after dropping off? I don't understand why anyone cares if someone is dropping off, not parking. The car isn't going to take up any space or anything. I mean, I fully support not letting parking spaces get taken by non Resort guests (either dining or room) but I don't get why drop offs are of any concern whatsoever.

I've been lucky in all our attempts to do it I've never been turned away. But I've never tried at high capacity times either.

I have been driving for Uber and Lyft in the area for the past few months.
Please do not try to go to the Contemporary without a dining reservation. You will be turned away; I guarantee it. Set your drop-off point as MK/TTC. That's the closest Uber or Lyft can get you. Alternatively, just take the Swan/Dolphin bus there. That gets you just as close.
Same goes for most of the other resorts. The guard always asks if the guest is staying at the hotel, checking in, or has a dining reservation when I drop off. Always, without fail.

I remember reading in a thread yesterday that one alternative is Uber to Transportation and Ticket Center center and take monorail
If your destination is the CR (presumably just to look around, not to check in or for dining), that would be one way to accomplish it. BUT, the OP wants to get to the CR in order to walk to the MK. Getting dropped at TTC, getting on the resort monorail to the CR seems overly time consuming to me. And the resort monorail stops at MK before CR.

I have been driving for Uber and Lyft in the area for the past few months.
Please do not try to go to the Contemporary without a dining reservation. You will be turned away; I guarantee it. Set your drop-off point as MK/TTC. That's the closest Uber or Lyft can get you. Alternatively, just take the Swan/Dolphin bus there. That gets you just as close.
Same goes for most of the other resorts. The guard always asks if the guest is staying at the hotel, checking in, or has a dining reservation when I drop off. Always, without fail.
S/D no longer use Disney buses. They use Mears buses which drop off at the TTC. Some guests at the S/D walk over to the Boardwalk or Yacht Club and take a Disney bus to the MK.

S/D no longer use Disney buses. They use Mears buses which drop off at the TTC. Some guests at the S/D walk over to the Boardwalk or Yacht Club and take a Disney bus to the MK.
Well aware. That’s why I noted in my post that the S/D buses get you just as close as Uber or Lyft do.

Anyway, I guess you could ask your driver to explain to the guard that they are picking up someone after dropping off? I don't understand why anyone cares if someone is dropping off, not parking. The car isn't going to take up any space or anything. I mean, I fully support not letting parking spaces get taken by non Resort guests (either dining or room) but I don't get why drop offs are of any concern whatsoever.

I've been lucky in all our attempts to do it I've never been turned away. But I've never tried at high capacity times either.

The perks of walking to MK should be reserved for those willing to pay for it. Want to bypass the TTC? Stay at a monorail resort.

The perks of walking to MK should be reserved for those willing to pay for it. Want to bypass the TTC? Stay at a monorail resort.
Seriously? It's not like that person is taking away from the experience of those willing to pay. Or do the CR guests think they'll be walking in with riff raff who pay for lesser hotels? Having been a CR guest I can assure you that it's not on the mind of those walking in. I promise the CR guests don't have signs on them to distinguish them from those who paid to stay elsewhere.

I will agree that parking there should be limited to those willing to pay for it.

The problem at CR was that so many cars were dropping off there around rope drop time that it became quite congested, especially with the addition of all the resort buses entering and leaving the MK bus stop. It was a safety issue.

Well aware. That’s why I noted in my post that the S/D buses get you just as close as Uber or Lyft do.
I misread your post. The resort buses to the MK drop off at a location just as close, a little closer, then the Contemporary. I, incorrectly, thought that was your point.

Seriously? It's not like that person is taking away from the experience of those willing to pay. Or do the CR guests think they'll be walking in with riff raff who pay for lesser hotels? Having been a CR guest I can assure you that it's not on the mind of those walking in. I promise the CR guests don't have signs on them to distinguish them from those who paid to stay elsewhere.

I will agree that parking there should be limited to those willing to pay for it.

Clearly Disney agrees with me by not allowing drop offs. Want the perks? Pay for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter