Hotel vs BCV

Tdisney

Mouseketeer
We were planning a trip in September and was looking at a two bedroom suite at the YC. When we were looking at reservations it gave us another option of staying at a two bedroom BCV which was waaaaaayyyyy less expesive. I was under the impression that these were the big thing with a kitchenette and everything. We have also been considering buying into the BCV but have never stayed there and thought this would be a good try out. However we luv luv luv the YC and I think we have put it on such a pedestal nothing may compare. Has any one had any comparison with the BCV two bedroom and a two bedroom suite at the YC or BC?

I can't help you do a comparison. We have only stayed in a studio at BCV. We really enjoyed BCV, especially the short walk to the IG of Epcot.
I have a feeling you might get more responses to your question if you post it on the resorts board rather than the DVC. Most people here are already sold on DVC...

With a suite you are having a luxury accommidation with concierge and everything that comes with that.

With the villa, you wil have a beautiful condo, with full kitchen, master bedroom with king bed and master bath with jacuzzi.

You will have a dining area, washer/dryer, and second bedroom with 2 queen beds and full bath.

If you are considering DVC this is probably a good idea to experience the accommidations. However you need to realize that if you become a DVC member the villa will be the same but you will not get daily housekeeping unless you pay extra.

As to the differences in the Yacht Club and Beach Club, mostly it is atmosphere and decor. The Yacht Club to me is more serene, quieter, with a more adult feel to it. The Beach Club is brighter, more family friendly.

I don't have an personal experience the 2br at the YC and BC, we are BCV owners and have stayed in those units several times. They are very nice. I do recall several years ago a person here on the Dis said that there was a mix up in her reservations when the BCV first opened and they ended up putting her in a YC 2br for a couple of nights, I recal her saying that there was no comparison, and she wasn't being critical of DVC, she was a member herself. She was just so blown away with the YC 2BR she said it was just amazing...so based on that and other peoples input through the years, I would say no they are not really comparable, which is OK. But I'm sure that's why there was such a huge price difference.:)

If you have the opportunity to "try out" the Beach Club Villas before buying, I would recommend doing so. I understand the feeling of loving a certain resort. We felt we'd never like anything as much as the Poly. We are enjoying our BCV ownership, very much.

There are some basic differences in DVC ownership, that you may not like. Such as not having daily housekeeping, less towels, etc. (you can pay extra for these) which you may think now, won't bother you. But after trying it, realizethat you hate it.

As for atmosphere of the BC vs YC, I find it so similar that it's barely noticeable.

We were planning a trip in September and was looking at a two bedroom suite at the YC. When we were looking at reservations it gave us another option of staying at a two bedroom BCV which was waaaaaayyyyy less expesive. I was under the impression that these were the big thing with a kitchenette and everything. We have also been considering buying into the BCV but have never stayed there and thought this would be a good try out. However we luv luv luv the YC and I think we have put it on such a pedestal nothing may compare. Has any one had any comparison with the BCV two bedroom and a two bedroom suite at the YC or BC?

I'd say that YC suite would win every time hands down. The BCV 2br is "waaaaaayyyyy less expensive" for a reason. If you are accustomed to a suite in either the BC or YC then villa units will pale in comparison. I've seen the inside of those suites and believe me a 2br unit will not hold a candle to them. Timesharing is a totally different experience than staying in a hotel suite. It's like apples to oranges.

We stayed in one of the YC suites last October and the BCV are less expensive for a reason. YC suites are certainly a step above the villas in my opinion but for the $ the BCVs can't be beat. Might be worth a split stay starting at the BCV then moving over to the YC suites for comparison.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter