Hotel room discount for temp staff on Visas?

PoohBears#1fan

DIS Veteran
My DS is coming out (from the UK) to work at one of the Loews hotels in his university break this summer on a J1 visa - DD and I have booked a week at Aventura, is it likely that he'll get any discount on rooms?

I'm waiting to see if there's an AP discount released that I can apply but not sure if he'll qualify for anything, I know it says he can get discounted tickets (Which we don't need) but not seen any mention of hotel discounts.

Thanks

My DS is coming out (from the UK) to work at one of the Loews hotels in his university break this summer on a J1 visa - DD and I have booked a week at Aventura, is it likely that he'll get any discount on rooms?

I'm waiting to see if there's an AP discount released that I can apply but not sure if he'll qualify for anything, I know it says he can get discounted tickets (Which we don't need) but not seen any mention of hotel discounts.

Thanks
I would bet that a Loews employee would get a discount at Loews hotels. Not 100% sure but it seems like a safe bet.

I would bet that a Loews employee would get a discount at Loews hotels. Not 100% sure but it seems like a safe bet.
my husband is a marriott employee..& while hotel discounts are one of his benefits..for marriott they have to be available for you to get them..so say a NYC hotel you they are very hard to get a discount for because the rooms are booked by guests paying full price for them…sometimes you do get lucky but it’s hard in busier locations…i have no idea how it works with Loews but thought i would share our experiences with you.

Thanks
i replied below that my husband is a current marriott employee & our experience of getting discounts at busy locations…but wanted to suggest you may have a better chance at a little discount by asking your son’s boss for a discount for his family…i’ve been in hospitality & it’s common to have our employees ask for a discounted rate for family members when they come to visit…but it’s easier & quicker to do in-house through his boss…i hope that helps & you have a great visit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter