Hotel Recommendations Please

LJK925

Earning My Ears
I am planning to take my nephews (ages 16 and 17) to WDW for the first time next summer. I was last there in 1995 and stayed at the Contemporary but I know that things have changed dramatically in those almost 20 years. I am currently leaning towards the Polynesian due to the atmosphere, monorail and size of the rooms (the couch in the rooms are a huge plus). Any help from travelers with teens I'd greatly appreciate.

I am compelled to suggest the Beach Club because:

* awesome pool
* convenient/quick food options
* location - walking distance to Epcot, and walking/boating distance to DHS
* Boardwalk entertainments and more convenient/quick food options
* Epcot food options!
* food options at Swan/Dolphin

We have always stayed in villas, so I am not sure if there is a little couch/bench in the rooms or not...but you could always ask for a rollaway bed if another bed is needed.

Happy planning!

First think where will you be spending your time the park.
Mk then poly would be good don't forget the ferry boat will also take you to the park.

If Epcot then the beach club great pool.

Ak then the ak lodge and get the rooms that look out of the animals.

I am planning to take my nephews (ages 16 and 17) to WDW for the first time next summer. I was last there in 1995 and stayed at the Contemporary but I know that things have changed dramatically in those almost 20 years. I am currently leaning towards the Polynesian due to the atmosphere, monorail and size of the rooms (the couch in the rooms are a huge plus). Any help from travelers with teens I'd greatly appreciate.

The Poly is our favorite resort and I think it's a great choice for the following reasons:

- large, spacious rooms
- all rooms come with a daybed
- beautiful tropical atmosphere
- MK is just 2 monorail stops away
- Captain Cooks is great for quick CS meals/snacks
- awesome pool
- convenient to the GF and CR for a variety of dining options
- within walking distance to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail

Out of all the resorts we've stayed at, the Poly is our favorite for the theme/decor, pool, and location. We also love the monorail resorts as we love being in the MK area, but also because they have the largest rooms of the deluxe resorts and all rooms have a daybed.

Poly is a great resort, and by next year I think most of the construction will be done, so it should be looking awesome! All the monorail resorts have large rooms and daybeds so I'd go with the theming you prefer.

BC/YC is another option with 2 teen boys. They are walking distance to both Epcot and DHS, plus they can stroll over to the Boardwalk to enjoy the evening street entertainers. The rooms may not be as large as the MK resorts, but they are a decent size, and many have daybeds. You can request it on res to let thrm know it's a priority. I'd lean toward YC because all rooms have balconies, and you'd prob appreciate the extra room.

I think there are better options than the Polynesian for 2 teen boys. I would choose an Epcot resort over a MK resort since teens are a little old for a first-time MK centered vacation.

I would recommend that you look into renting DVC points for the Beach Club Villas or Boardwalk Villas. The DVC Rental board here on the DIS will help you. You will save money over booking those resorts through Disney.

I booked a split stay because I just couldn't choose my experience!

Initially we wanted Beach Club / Poly, but with all the construction at the Poly we chose BC / Grand Floridian.

If you were considering the Poly, I think by next summer a lot of it will have been completed, apart from the DVC construction which I have read is expected to continue until at least late 2015.
But of course, whether the refurbs bother you or not is down to you :)

I agree with PPs though, I think 16 and 17 year olds would enjoy an Epcot resort, with the proximity to Epcot, Hollywood Studios and the Boardwalk. And the pool at the Beach and Yacht Club is supposed to be GREAT, I hear it's the best resort pool at WDW :thumbsup2

I think there are better options than the Polynesian for 2 teen boys. I would choose an Epcot resort over a MK resort since teens are a little old for a first-time MK centered vacation.

Staying at a monorail resort does not mean your vacation is (or has to be) MK centered.

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions. Please keep them coming as I need all the help I can get.

By the way mickeynut1 I love the Noah gif.

Beach Club or Boardwalk would be nice. There's an active nightlife there, and an ESPN Zone.

I think you are also on the right track with POLY, but you should take a look at the CONT. it's really changed since 1995

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions. Please keep them coming as I need all the help I can get.

You're welcome :). Good luck with your decision, although I know how hard it is since there are so many great options (but I will also say you can't go wrong with any resort as they are all great :thumbsup2).

Thanks about the Noah gif :goodvibes.

I think the Poly would be a great choice. Your kids would love the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter