Hotel recommendation for young couple no kids?

winklet

Earning My Ears
Hello!
I got great recs from this forum on our DL trip in December. We had a BLAST and staying at DI&S was such a great fit for our family. I have a friend who's going to DL in 3 weeks and has no hotel yet. Apparently DI&S is $160 for her dates (we paid $120 in middle of Dec) which seems like not the best value to me. Plus, they don't have kids so I don't know if being so close to the gates is as necessary as it was for us.
What hotels would you recommend for a young couple?
-Ideally they'd like to be within 10mins of gate, the closer the better.
-They need parking.
-Budget under $200/night, though closer to $150 (or less?) would be a bonus

I'm struggling to take off my "mom goggles" and think of what would really suit them best. Doesn't need to be a hotel geared mostly towards kids... WWYD in their shoes?

This thread has good information: www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/.
Just a note: at only 3 weeks out, your friend can't afford to be too picky -- she's cutting things really close by DIS standards. On the other hand, sometimes last minute (!) deals pop up on the hotel websites, so she should really look closely to make sure she doesn't miss anything! (And if she really likes a certain property, she should call directly to see if there are any specials available.)
Next, depending on how far your friends care to walk, whether they have loyalty points with any chain or care to start saving any (those points come in really handy!), and whether they care about being close to a Starbucks or convenience store or anything like that, here are some suggestions off the top of my head:
Candy Cane Inn -- one of our favorites, we go for the Premium Rooms (breakfast delivered to the room!, larger rooms, amenities basket, small refrigerator & microwave, DVD player and free rentals at the desk, private shuttle that runs on time, free parking, close walk -- about 10 minutes), various discounts offered -- have them check to see if they qualify for something, next door to 2 convenience stores
Hotel Indigo -- gets good reviews here, sort of across Katella from a Starbucks
Motel 6 -- basic, but gets good reviews
Majestic Garden -- older, used to be the Sheraton Anaheim, large rooms, private shuttle to the Harbor entrance, walking distance to the M&F tram and a little further walk to DTD
Super 8 on Disneyland Dr. -- across from the Majestic Garden, walking distance to the M&F tram and a little further walk to DTD
Grand Legacy -- this used to be a Ramada, gets some mixed reviews -- but mostly positive, can have very good rates
Sheraton Park -- another of our go to hotels, might be too far to walk for your friends -- we don't think it's far at all, some people just walk to TS and take the shuttles -- if they can nab a great internet rate, this is a good hotel, the walk to/from parks goes by convenience stores, Pizza Press, 24/7 CVS.

Last edited:
A vote for Candy Cane Inn... free parking since they will definitely need it. Free breakfast (I have never had the premium/delivery service but the spread in the lobby is great). You can take a shuttle or walk the 8 minutes to the gate. Great service. I have been with family, with a friend, and solo whenever I can't use my DVC and it's my favorite by far! Oh and they have AP, AAA, and military discounts.

The Disney Tourist Blog Hotel Ratings recommends Hotel Indigo as best budget spot for couples without kids. I believe they offer free parking too. Haven't stayed there but it's on my list to try. Otherwise, I also suggest the Candy Cane Inn. Free parking and breakfast, and decently short walk.

Another vote for Hotel Indigo. Parking is free there. No free breakfast, but we usually stop off at the CVS or Walgreens (very close by) the night before for some quick breakfast items anyway. I've found their prices to be very good, particularly for how nice the rooms are. The floors are all laminate (faux wood), and the shower is great. Walk is about 10 minutes, depending on their walking speed.

We are a couple (thought not that young anymore) with no kids. Just stayed at the Hyatt House and it was terrific. Also stayed at the aforementioned Indigo several years back and no complaints there either. I preferred the room and property of the Hyatt House however.

Without kids, I would stay down at one of the really nice hotels in Garden Grove like the Hyatt Regency or the Marriott Suites. They both have a bar, a Starbucks, really nice hot tub that stays open fairly late and a shuttle directly to and from the parks Parks, or they can Uber or take a cab. Plus, there are several really nice restaurant choices within walking distance of those hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter