Hotel Opinions!

piinksharpiie

Earning My Ears
Hello!

DH & I are heading to Disneyland Sept 7-15, but we are only actually going to DL/DCA on 3 of the days. I have looked into every single good neighbor hotel listed on the DL website, along with any hotel I could see around the park. DH & I would like to stay within walking distance to the parks as we plan to rent a car for the other days to go explore and do other attractions. Have any of you stayed at any of these hotels listed below, and if so, do you have any reviews? Or any hotels you suggest to stay at? We have a couple amenities that we would prefer to have: WiFi, Pool and Fridge. A couple amenities we would like to have, but aren't a deal breaker: Microwave, Gym, Safe and Breakfast. We're from Canada, but our budget in USD is between $1000-$1400 USD total, $100-$140ish/night.

The hotels that I have researched and are on my radar are:
- Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites
- Comfort Inn & Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hampton Anaheim Garden Grove
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Anaheim
- Stanford Inn & Suites
- Alpine Inn
- Portofino Inn & Suites
- Hyatt Regancy Orange County
- Cortona Inn & Suites

Thank you in advance! There is just so many places to choose from. We're not super picky, but since we will be staying there for 8 nights, I would like it to be a decent location!

Last edited:
For your reference, the closest accommodation to the Disneyland entrance are the Best Western Park Place Inn and the Park Vue Inn at 1544 and 1570 South Harbour Boulevarde. They are directly opposite the entrance plaza or Esplanade that lead to the Park entrances. So Portofino and Alpine are probably the closest, 10-15 mins walk and both are well rated. They are also close to many restaurants and shops on S Harbour Bvde. Somewhere like the Hampton would be a 30 min plus walk. You can also catch the ART shuttles for a fee from most of these places or catch the Disney shuttle from the Toy Story parking lot for those hotels further down S Harbour.
Other options are Desert Inn and Suites (very close) Kings Inn, a former Super 8 motel and the Anaheim Islander Inn.
If the other attractions you want to visit are in Los Angeles, I would consider splitting the stay and staying there for a few nights as it’s not that far but traffic can easily turn a 45 minute drive into 2 hours plus. Where you stay depends what you want to see but Hollywood, West Hollywood and Beverley Grove are good areas to search.
All the best.

For your reference, the closest accommodation to the Disneyland entrance are the Best Western Park Place Inn and the Park Vue Inn at 1544 and 1570 South Harbour Boulevarde. They are directly opposite the entrance plaza or Esplanade that lead to the Park entrances. So Portofino and Alpine are probably the closest, 10-15 mins walk and both are well rated. They are also close to many restaurants and shops on S Harbour Bvde. Somewhere like the Hampton would be a 30 min plus walk. You can also catch the ART shuttles for a fee from most of these places or catch the Disney shuttle from the Toy Story parking lot for those hotels further down S Harbour.
Other options are Desert Inn and Suites (very close) Kings Inn, a former Super 8 motel and the Anaheim Islander Inn.
If the other attractions you want to visit are in Los Angeles, I would consider splitting the stay and staying there for a few nights as it’s not that far but traffic can easily turn a 45 minute drive into 2 hours plus. Where you stay depends what you want to see but Hollywood, West Hollywood and Beverley Grove are good areas to search.
All the best.
Great advice! OP I suggest you follow that.

I actually have not stayed at any of those hotels. These links may help though:

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/disneyland-anaheim-hotels-reviews-rankings/

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=33.8092124&lon=-117.9188132&z=19&l=0&m=b

:wizard:

Okay so recently we have stayed at Portofino (last year), and Hyatt Regency last month. We are locals and only stay the night when we know we will be drinking or want to be there until midnight/up early for rope drop, so we don't spend much time at the hotels but I figured I'd give my two cents anyways :).

Portofino is a good value and like a 10 minute walk to the parks. It's not far at all, but that's about all it really has going for it. It worked for us because we were only really there to sleep, but we slept comfortably and there is good space in the room. There is Wifi and a Fridge. I don't believe they had true breakfast offerings, however. It really is a "just to sleep" place IMO.

Hyatt Regency is probably the best hotel for the price but it's because of the distance from the parks. However, they have a shuttle that runs to the parks (you do have to pay; you could also Uber) and it has all of the amenities you were looking for above, no free breakfast but it does have a Starbucks that opens early which was a huge plus for us.

Both of these places have self-parking. I think Portofino's is mostly covered, Hyatt's is not.

I've stayed at Cortona years ago and I thought it was fine. There is a pool and jacuzzi that looked nice. I don't remember everything, but it was nice for the price and the breakfast was good. 20 min walk, it feels long after a long full day at the park.

We just got back from a stay at Hyatt Regency and loved it. Definitely not walking distance but their private shuttle is only $6 per adult per day, runs every 30 mins and has friendly drivers.
I did Stanford Inn about 3 years ago and Portofino 2 years ago. Stanford had a great free breakfast but Portofino is a lot closer to walk to the parks. Both had nice, clean rooms.
In my opinion, Hyatt Regency is my number 1 pick unless walking distance to DLR is MUST, then I’d pick Portofino.

We thought the walk from Portofino was a bit far but we have three kids and are used to staying at a crosswalk hotel. For adults it would be fine. We had a kids suite and I liked the layout and beds. Didn’t use the pool but it looked decent. It was convenient that there is a store on the corner to pick up last minute needs. Seemed like there were more obviously drunk homeless to navigate past but maybe that’s just because it’s farther or maybe the homeless population increased. For the right price I’d stay again.

From the stickies (TONS of information here!) at the top of the first page (* DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here!):
"HydroGuy's Hotel Rule" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199862
"Choosing the Right DLR Area Hotel for You" www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/

Be aware that the "Good Neighbor" designation doesn't really mean anything -- especially around here. It just means that those hotels can be booked as part of a package through Disney, not that those hotels are special or better. So don't automatically count out non-GN hotels just because they don't have the label.
I think the Hyatt OC will have what you want. Just budget for Uber/Lyft rides to/from the parks. You might want to look at the Candy Cane Inn, too. (Microwave and small fridge in the premium rooms.) That is much closer and gets very good reviews here. I don't know if they have a gym, but they might have an exercise room. Also look at the Sheraton Park and the Hilton -- both those are much closer than the Hyatt OC. Ask if a hotel can put a microwave and/or fridge in your room on request. Some can for a small fee or some don't charge. At DLR, being closer really is better, if at all possible.

Last edited:

We like the Homewood suites on S. Harbor road. Have stayed there twice and will be back again in Dec. It is right next to the Toy Story Parking lot if you don't want to walk to and from park. It is an easy walk. About 10-15min. Has pool, full kitchen, and breakfast.

There are so many places to stay near Disneyland that we usually wait until it gets close to the trip and book on Priceline. I have stayed in many nice hotels close to Disney and some a little ways away. If I fly I always rent a car so we can be on our time instead of a shuttle time. Sometimes its actually cheaper for us to rent a car then get a shuttle even with paying for parking.

We are going this month and I was able to get 2 rooms at The Anaheim Majestic Garden for $79 a night per room. I used a 7% off coupon to take $33.18 off the price so we paid $553.80 for two rooms for 3 nights. As a special bonus I was looking at the amenities of the hotel and Priceline said they had an Airport Shuttle. I called they hotel and they didn't. I called Priceline who confirmed with the hotel that they did not and they gave a refund back of 15% which ended up being $110.76. So we ended up paying $443.04 for two rooms for three nights. I know that Anaheim Majestic can be hit or miss for sure and Disney calls them a Good Neighbor with a superior category. They have a shuttle to the parks and from what I understand we can walk to Downtown Disney from there.

So basically what I am saying is maybe keep an eye at on Priceline. Book a room now that can be cancelled and keeps your eyes pilled for that great deal.

Hello!

DH & I are heading to Disneyland Sept 7-15, but we are only actually going to DL/DCA on 3 of the days. I have looked into every single good neighbor hotel listed on the DL website, along with any hotel I could see around the park. DH & I would like to stay within walking distance to the parks as we plan to rent a car for the other days to go explore and do other attractions. Have any of you stayed at any of these hotels listed below, and if so, do you have any reviews? Or any hotels you suggest to stay at? We have a couple amenities that we would prefer to have: WiFi, Pool and Fridge. A couple amenities we would like to have, but aren't a deal breaker: Microwave, Gym, Safe and Breakfast. We're from Canada, but our budget in USD is between $1000-$1400 USD total, $100-$140ish/night.

The hotels that I have researched and are on my radar are:
- Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites
- Comfort Inn & Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hampton Anaheim Garden Grove
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Anaheim
- Stanford Inn & Suites
- Alpine Inn
- Portofino Inn & Suites
- Hyatt Regancy Orange County
- Cortona Inn & Suites

Thank you in advance! There is just so many places to choose from. We're not super picky, but since we will be staying there for 8 nights, I would like it to be a decent location!
Another vote for the Candy Cane Inn. We love it! Great location, beautifully landscaped property. Nice pool and hot tub. It's walkable to Disneyland (5 -10 minutes) but is has it's own dedicated complimentary shuttle. Great complimentary breakfast.

The Candy Cane Inn is well liked by many, myself included, but I think the rooms are higher priced than what you've budgeted for, I do believe they offer free parking. The Park Sheraton also checks several of your boxes (no free breakfast or microwave in rooms, but they do have safes) and I think they're just inside your price range if you can get one of the discounts: AAA, Military, AARP, etc., their pool area is gorgeous, my favorite in Anaheim (of hotels I've stayed at). Sign up to be a Marriott member for free Wi-Fi (that is how it worked the last time we stayed there, but I think they were still Starwood - so maybe double check on that), I know they charge for parking. There is a quick service coffee bar/convenience shop, as well as a restaurant and CVS is located on the corner headed towards the parks so breakfast is easy, even though not included. We've never stayed at Raffles, but I've looked into it many times and it seems to have everything you were looking for and is the lowest prices of these three hotels, but it is consistently rated well by travelers and you can use the Toy Story Parking Lot shuttle if you determine the walk is farther than you'd like, they too charge for parking, but breakfast is free. I'd run the numbers to see which actually ends up being the best value when factoring in breakfast and parking -- I still think Raffles will end up being less than the other two when all that is factored in. I do agree with the poster who suggested staying in Anaheim while doing Disney and maybe moving hotels to a more central location (and maybe Anaheim is it!) to avoid a lot of time sitting in traffic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter