Hotel offsite

sweetheart2576

Disney Fanatic
We are going to florida in august and visiting US and IOA for the first 2 days after we get in. I wanted to stay offsite for those first 3 nights before heading over to CBR and Wilderness Lodge,since we won't be at the resort to enjoy it and to save money for more things at Disney. The only time we plan on being there is to sleep. I found a Rodeway inn for 32.95 with AAA discount and was wondering if anyone has ever stayed at Rodeway before. We were also looking at a HOJO too .I believe that was 49. I read that people are getting cheaper than that off of priceline. SHould i try priceline, are their hotels pretty reasonable as far as quality? Also does anyone know what car companies priceline has?

If you are going to bid on Priceline you may want to check out Biddingfortravel.com
Thats the site I used to research how to bid on PL. Last year I had 5 PL stays in the Orlando area, and we were happy with all of them. Also included on the site are hotel reviews. Remember with PL you can't cancel. Once you've reserved it - its yours!

I have used Priceline many times and have always been pleased. As Jane E. stated go to www.biddingfortravel.com for info on bidding and winning bids. One thing you will find with PL is that you will probably get a much nicer hotel for the price you are willing to pay at the hotels you listed above.

Hate to sound nasty, but how come you are ready to spend approx $150 a night onsite but offsite you look for low end budget?

Why would you not go for a highend offsite and further enjoy Orlando. How about Portofino or Hard Rock at USF?

Again another reason I have trouble understanding some Disney fanatics.

I would rather be able to do some character breakfasts for my kids than pay for an expensive resort that we are not going to be at to do anything but sleep. When we are at Disney we will have days where we will just stay at the resort but i cant see paying for a hotel i am not going to get to until 6pm on the day we get there then leave at 8 for breakfast and not be back until 10-11 at night for 2 nights. I see no point in it. That is why I would rather stay at a less expensive hotel offsite. We are also a family of one income , as I am a nursing student, and I have always wanted to stay at Wilderness Lodge since it opened and in order to do that I need to cut costs somewhere and that is where i choose to do it.

With HRH you get "Front of the line" way better than Fast pass because you "jump the lines"with no delayed time facter,you go straight on to the rides by showing your room key!!

Thats WHY to stay at a US/IOA Hotels!!

Good for you, sweetheart, for knowing your priorities and not bending to the pressure to do things the way others think you should.

And emmalgin, you should be ashamed of yourself for judging another's vacation choices. She does not need in any way to justify her choices to you. Would you have been happier if she'd had to tell you her husband lost his job, or they suffered a large financial loss of late? What business is it of yours how people choose to spend their vacation?

Interesting how posts that start with 'Hate to sound nasty' always sound nasty. Guess you don't hate it THAT much.

Sweetheart, I would certainly recommend the priceline route, and ditto www.biddingfortravel.com . The people there are extremely helpful, just be sure to thoroughly read the FAQ before posting any questions (because that's what you'll be told to do if your answer can be found there!). Here's an example of recent bids (info found on BFT):

3* Renaissance Maingate $35
3* Sheraton Safari Hotel $35
3* Wyndham I $30
3* Wyndham Orlando I drive 3/8-11 $30

So that will probably increase the quality level while keeping you in the price range you desire. Keep in mind that you'll also need to pay taxes (as you would if you rented the hotel room the regular way) as well as the $5.95 priceline fee. You should still come out ahead, though.

BK

Those are the kinds of posts that turn people off completely from ever even wanting to ask another persons advise. She doesn't have to justify her reasons. I am in the same boat, we are a one income family, we are a family of 5 taking a Disney cruise before we stay in Orlando to see the attractions and I have been debating over hotels for months now trying to get the best deal.Would you ask me why I would spend all this money on a cruise and then try to save on a hotel? It's what ever your priority is, somethings are more important than others during a vacation. Sometimes people want to save a little to put towards something else that is more important. emmalgin, You should be a ashamed of yourself, it was a nasty post.

I really am the mom of 4 girls, come on be nice to me. Unfortunately, my oldest daughter won't be able to make the cruise. Which leaves only the 5 of us.

Momof4WONDERgirls - no, you misunderstood hon...

JohnnyOldBoy quoted your sentence "in the same BOAT" - "disney CRUISE" - No pun intended, get it? He's just being funny, not sarcastic....

:) :) :)

Lorix2, Oh my gosh! I am so ditzy...I didn't catch that. Thank you so much for pointing that out. I thought he was referring to the fact I had 4 girls but that I only said 5 of us were cruising which didn't add up. It's still early, I'll wake up soon.

Hey, I'm the worst when it comes to searching for bargains. I also find it very important when all is said and done that the Hotel better be very presentable or my spouse will be turned off and that ruins it for all.

At night you may still want to go for a swim, not look at peeling paint or chips in the ceiling, a comfortable bed with sheets and towels, have a fridge for snacks or evening activities or breakfast. You are doing that with Disney....

I would suggest Hampton Inns, which include a very good breakfast, and pool and always a clean comfortable room along with 100% satisfaction guarantee.

I still stand by my statement. People on these boards are so pro Disney, they do pay for overpriced Disney Hotels or anything Disney related (IMO)..... This is why people come back on this site and often disparage USF or SW, because of all the associated stuff.

My point was and always is, do not try and save $20/day on accomodation, it's not worth it (I've learned this lesson before).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter