• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel near DVC Hilton Head

Firepath

DIS Veteran
We're driving our daughter home from WDW the end of July and thought we'd check out HH on our way. There's no availability unfortunately. Can anyone recommend somewhere nearby just for a night as we pass through?

We're driving our daughter home from WDW the end of July and thought we'd check out HH on our way. There's no availability unfortunately. Can anyone recommend somewhere nearby just for a night as we pass through?
Hilton Head Island, and the DVC resort on it, are a good hour off I-95. Are you looking for a hotel near the highway, or do you want to visit Hilton Head? The DVC resort is just for guests staying there...members can't just show up and use the facilities. The area near the DVC HHI resort is nice enough, but probably not where you want to stay of you were trying to get an quick impression of HHI.

If you elect the "stay near I-95 rather than driving the 30 minutes over to the Island" option, I'd choose the exit at the Savannah/Hilton Head airport. There's a lot more very close to the exit there.

A few years ago we were driving thru the area and they did let us into the dvc resort to see the place. We are dvc members. We could not use the facilities but we're able to walk around grab an ice cream, but that may have changed by now.

Depending on your taste and budget, there are a few hotels not far from the Disney HHI resort. If money isn't an issue, the Marriott on the beach is about a mile from the Disney resort and literally sits on the water. Probably run you around $300-$400. As for Disney's HHI resort, you are most welcome to stop in and explore. We've done it 3-4 times, most recently last summer. Now, you technically can't use the pool, but you can shop, eat at Tide Me Over (the QS), sit in hammocks, and look around all you want. It's a beautiful resort, and the CMs there are the best anywhere. Have fun!

We’ve stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on 278 in Bluffton; the hotel is right at the foot of the bridge taking you from the mainland to Hilton Head Island, 10 minutes away, and about 30 minutes from I-95. Recommended.

If you want to stay on the island, the Marriot at Palmetto Dunes has suites with a separate master bedroom, and is right on the water, next to the Disney Resort Beach House. We’ve stayed there too, and it’s nice.

We love the Disney HHI resort, so do check it out while you are there.

Breakfast at the Hilton Head Diner is a must; dinner at Frankie Bones also recommended.

Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter