Hotel Indigo Anaheim Questions

coachyo

DIS Veteran
Staying here Nov 3 to 7 for Disney Epilepsy Awareness Day.
DD has seizures and gets tired easily and has a service dog.
How easy is it to walk to parks?
Is there a shuttle in area?
How easy would it be to cab, and any idea how much?
How close is the Garden Walk area with shops and restaurants?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, YO

That's a 15 min walk (10 if you are brisk walkers.) It's too far for a lot of people, especially at the end of the day. We've done a similar distance many times but not going back and forth to the hotel for breaks. That would be too much and we're durable walkers.

It is right by Gardenwalk - there are several quality restaurants but there's not much in the way of shopping. The ART shuttle will serve the hotel. Lots of people use Uber though to get to and from the park and there is a cab pick up/drop off just outside the park on Harbor.

Its about a 10 minute walk for us. Some people say its 15 so I guess it depends on how fast you walk. When I stayed at the Indigo about a year and half ago, the hotel did not have a shuttle but its right on a main road and you can easily get a cab or uber car or any of the other internet car services (that are cheaper than cabs and often quicker). I never take cabs there so I don't have any idea of the cost. The Garden Walk is about half the distance it would be for you to walk to Disneyland. Not a bad walk at all.

They have a city bus stop right at the corner of Katella and Harbor that heads north to Disneyland. Walking from the Indigo, you will not even have to cross the street to get to the bus stop. It is a nice covered bus stop with benches in front of a strip mall with lots of park goers in the area. It is very safe. It is about a one minute walk from your hotel. If your taking the bus you will probably need correct change. I think the bus is 1.75 per ride but I'm not sure on that.

We are coming in November as well. When we called, they said that ART stops at the hotel next door.

We love the indigo! It takes us about ten minutes to walk to land. The art shuttle runs both to the hotel next door and garden walk. It takes two to three minutes to make it to garden walk. There is a subway, local pizza place, gas stations and a CVS all on the corner of harbor and katella. Once we took the toy story bus back from the park and walked from the lot to the hotel. It didn't save much time but it helped our tired feet. Service is great at the hotel. Ask for a room facing the parks and you can see the fireworks from your room.

Thanks for the info. Looks like we want to try to walk and ride. We've never used Uber, so not sure about that. What is the ART bus?
What is the Toys Story Bus, is that part of ART?

Glad to hear lots nearby,

LOVE The Indigo Hotel!!!! Although we have only paid through rewards points the service is ALWAYS GREAT and the rooms are usually CLEAN!!!

We are staying at the Hotel Indigo in October. A tour group from our travel agents office had stayed there the week before we booked and had high praises for it. They told us The ART picks up next door at the Ramada Plaza. http://rideart.org

The Toy story lot is the Disney Parking lot across the street from the hotel.
I've used google maps to see the street and 'see' how close and what is nearby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter