Hotel Help

Michele1106

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! My family (husband, 13 year old son and 9 year old daughter) are going to universal for 6 days in June and we’re planning on staying at Royal Pacific. We just realized their pool doesn’t have a water slide and are now considering HRH or PB. We would love PB but read there are renovations there next year and may not want to put up with that. Is that HRH good for children? Heard somewhere it is more of a Vegas type party hotel. Thanks for the help!

HRH is good for kids. Probably not for babies since it’s so loud all the time but our kids loved it.

They do pool activities for kids. I don’t remember what. I think they have live music and have dance contests. Sorry I can’t remember. Maybe someone else can help with that info.

I just remember our kids liked it when they were about your kids’ ages. We stayed there twice. We have since switched to PB but we would stay at HRH again if we had to.

I personally find it too loud. They play rock music throughout the hotel lobby areas at all times of the day from what I remember. But I don’t recall it being loud when we were in our hotel rooms at night.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Uni allows pool hopping with the exception of the value resorts on I-Drive (Endless Summer S/D). Maybe that is an option for this situation?

I also think pool hopping is allowed. I’m not 100% positive.
The music in HR lobby is not loud. The pool can be loud. Ask for a non pool view. Also ask for a room near the elevators if you decide to stay there. We’ve never heard noise from the elevators.

Royal Pacific has a splash pad area. It’s a ship with multiple water features. You can pool hop to Sapphire Falls right next door. It has a slide. RPR is normally the cheapest of the premiere tier hotels, you could probably use the price difference over 6 days for Volcano Bay tickets

Attachments

• IMG_6443.jpeg
    IMG_6443.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 4
We've stayed at HRH twice and although it definitely has an upbeat, lively, energetic "vibe", I didn't get a "party like Vegas" atmosphere at all there.

If you're noise sensitive at all for the love of Pete do NOT book a pool view room! You will feel like you're at the pool from morning until night even while you're in your room because it's SOOOO loud! Our garden view room the first time we went was the exact opposite - very peaceful :)

Hi everyone! My family (husband, 13 year old son and 9 year old daughter) are going to universal for 6 days in June and we’re planning on staying at Royal Pacific. We just realized their pool doesn’t have a water slide and are now considering HRH or PB. We would love PB but read there are renovations there next year and may not want to put up with that. Is that HRH good for children? Heard somewhere it is more of a Vegas type party hotel. Thanks for the help!
I stayed at PB for 7 nights in September this past month and had zero issues with the renovations.
The work had began prior to my arrival on the 11th.

A few times I returned back to the hotel room during the day and heard very little sounds from the rooms or hallways.

Hopefully a lot will have been completed before you start your vacation next year.

HRH was my daughter’s favorite deluxe pool when she was around the same age as your kids. The pool slide was also very important to her and she really looked forward to it.

We have 2 girls around your kids age and they love both PB and HR. Both have great pools. HR usually has afternoon pool games and dance parties. The quick walk from HR is fantastic. I will second to avoid pool view rooms at both locations if you have kids who need an afternoon nap. We got one of the coveted balcony rooms at PB but it was overlooking pool and too loud to use.

My kids loved HRH pool when they were younger. We really enjoy the vibe and did not find it too loud at all.

I really like the walk to and from the parks and City Walk. It's beautiful and quick!

The rooms at PB are much nicer and larger, especially the bathroom, it's huge. For us the resort was too stuffy and too far away.

RPH is next door to Sapphire Falls, which does have a slide. It’s like a five-minute walk on the garden path, and pool hopping is completely allowed.

Your kids will be fine at HR, too, but it’s a fairly small pool with a fairly small slide, and the pool is only like 3 or 4 feet at its deepest. I think Sapphire Falls has a much better pool than Hard Rock. It’s also not a far walk (10 minutes) on the garden path from RPR to Cabana Bay, which has two pools courtyards: one with a slide and one with a lazy river. So while HR has a better set up than RPR, RPR has pretty easy access to pools that are way better than the one at HR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter