Hotel help!

lvdis

love disney
I need help deciding between the hotels across the street on Harbor. Dates: 10/29 - 11/4, me, my husband, our daughter and son-in-law. These are what I'm considering:
  1. Desert Inn & Suites in a family suite with 2 rooms, 2 bathrooms
  2. Camelot Inn & Suites in a 2 room family suite (2 rooms, 1 bathroom)
  3. Park Vue Inn in a triple queen room (2 rooms, 1 bathroom)
The 1st one is most expensive, but you get 2 full baths. The 2nd one seems to be newly renovated from reviews I've seen. The 3rd one seems like it might be the better price, but their reservations don't go out that far yet, so I can't be sure. I'm looking for a close walk, clean rooms, comfortable beds and separate sleeping spaces (that's why I'm considering places with 2 rooms, and there's a possibility our son might join us).

Last edited:
I've stayed at the DI&S and the Camelot in the rooms you are looking at. I didn't have a problem with either of them. Beds at the Camelot were a bit more comfortable, but not a lot. I really liked the 2 bathroom set up at DI&S. At the Camelot, the bathroom is accessible through one of the rooms, so if you are in the other room, you need to walk through to use it. The Camelot has a small kitchenette area which is convenient if you bring groceries, but DI&S has a small living room.

Really can't go wrong with either. Just depends on what is more important to you.

I would probably go with Dessert inn and suites to have the 2 bathrooms.

I reserved a triple queen at Park Vue once online and I ended up having to cancel. When I called and told them what room type I was cancelling they said that I was booked in the double queen kitchen suite. So if you go with park Vue I would call to reserve, because something went wrong when I tried to book that room online. I'm sure it was just a fluke but I wanted to mention it.

Does anyone know if Desert Inn will take the parking charges off if you don’t have a car? When I check prices online it automatically adds in a parking fee.

Does anyone know if Desert Inn will take the parking charges off if you don’t have a car? When I check prices online it automatically adds in a parking fee.
I called and asked. The guy said the initial price they give is an estimate. They will then factor in any extra fees (extra people, etc) or discounts (AAA, AARP, etc.) at the final bill. They told me they would not charge for a car if you do not have one. Just need to tell them to remove the fee. I'd be vigilant about that, since is an "opt out" situation and automatically added unless you tell them to remove it.

They will definitely remove the parking fee. We have stayed there 5 times and had the fee removed the 3 times we didn’t have a car. Once we had to ask and the other two times they asked us at check in if we had a vehicle. Either way, it was removed without issue. My kids really like their normal free breakfast. It’s nothing special but it serves its purpose and the all you can eat Fruit Loops is a hit with them. However, note that last time we were there they told us it was a bagged breakfast because of covid. I don’t even know what was in it because we decided to just get groceries instead.

We stayed in a 2-room suite at DI&S over Thanksgiving. It was perfect for us and our two adult sons. They had their own room and their own beds and bathroom. The walking distance to the front gates is very convenient. Self-parking was full when we arrived so the valet parked our car in the garage for the same $15 per day fee. The room was clean when we arrived, but there was no maid service during our stay. We could get clean towels from the front desk or leave our garbage outside for pickup if we needed to. I would definitely stay there again.

The ParkVue two room/one bath is nice but I like each room having their own bathroom.
I prefer the two room/two bath at the DI&S or even the two room/1.5Bath.

When I have taken all the grandkids the 2R/2B turns into boys and girls rooms.
The 2 full bath is nice for shower time and getting everyone through before bed.

A few thoughts:

It's minor, but DI&S has a little "breakfast to go" bag. Its a bottle of water, a pastry (like a danish), and a piece of fruit. I know PVI used to have a great hot breakfast, but I thought I heard they were paring that down pre-Covid. No idea if or what they are currently doing for a morning meal.

I'd be utterly shocked if PVI is less expensive than DI&S, even after discounts. When I've looked in the past, PVI is usually about $50 more per night.

Pulling up the 3Q at PVI is $259/night for similar dates (Aug 29-Sept 4, which would be across Labor Day). Total $1888.39.

At DI&S the same Aug 29-Sept 4 for a fairer comparison, it's $1874.34. C1 Parlor Family Suite. That's for 1 more bathroom, and 1 more bed (obviously, not necessary for 2 couples). Important note for this: no one is walking through someone else's bedroom for late night potty trips. Obviously, minimal price difference.

I don't know about you, but to get up, put on in-law appropriate pajamas and quietly sneak into their room to use the bathroom at 3:00 am would be annoying/frustrating for 6 nights in a row.... and if you took the room with the bathroom, your son-in-law may be doing that same 3:00am through your room. I like my son-in-law, but that's a little *too* close for me for 6 nights! And getting 4 adults through showers/teeth/potty with one bathroom seems like torture to me.... But that's me and my family.

PVI beds are more comfy, but my understanding is that DI&S updates their family suites often enough that the mattresses there are more comfy than the rooms in the back.

One hotel you can try is Castle Inn And Suites and I first stayed there I thought the castle theme was cute and they do have suites that might fit your family but I can't figure out how much a suite is there but check Yelp for reviews on Castle Inn And Suites and you'll be surprised at the reviews for it. Also when looking through Yelp I learned about a hotel called Stanford Inn And Suites that you can call to learn more about it and the Stanford Inn has family suites that feature bunk beds for the kids and are Mickey Mouse themed or Star Wars themed and the family themed suites there are pretty cool especially if you have Star Wars fans in your family
Hope this info helps and have a fantastic trip
Dodger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter