Hotel for New Orleans cruise

jack87891

Mouseketeer
we are cruising on the Magic out of New Orleans and are looking for a hotel very convenient to the cruise port. I see there is a Hilton on the Riverwalk, Can you walk to the Magic from there? any other suggestions on a hotel?

We stayed in the Marriott warehouse district. Walked down convention center Blvd to Julia Street. From there you have 2 options, walk along the road in front of the cruise terminal with no designated walkway which most were doing. Or take the escalator up into the mall and go straight across to the other side and walk along the riverside, be ware at the end of this path are steps only to get back down.

we are cruising on the Magic out of New Orleans and are looking for a hotel very convenient to the cruise port. I see there is a Hilton on the Riverwalk, Can you walk to the Magic from there? any other suggestions on a hotel?
The Hilton Garden Inn is probably the closest, and you can walk, but it's still almost a mile. Will you be schlepping bags with you? It might be better to stay elsewhere (you might be paying high rates if there's a convention at the nearby convention center) and call a rideshare.

1704387761240.png

I'm not sure if this advice will help much, but we stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton French Quarter - it's technically right on the outskirts of the FQ - but thought the hotel was great for the price and super convenient to explore the FQ a little before our cruise. We ubered to the port and I think it was $30 although that would have been for an Uber XL.

I didn't stay there because of a cruise, but I have stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in the Warehouse District on Julia St. You could literally see the port terminal from the front of the hotel. It is just a couple blocks away to the Julia Street Cruise Terminal. The hotel is a converted warehouse and was very nice.

There was a great authentic cajun food restaurant on the corner right across from the hotel, Mulates.

We've stayed at The Roosevelt on Canal and are staying at the Hotel Monteleone on Royal in the Quarter in Feb. Uber & Lyft are plentiful and it's a 10 minute ride for both

If you would like a very nice and interesting hotel, check out The Higgins at the World War II Museum. And I recommend that you see the museum while you are there. We actually walked from there to check out the terminal but I would suggest a taxi. Also if you walk under the Rt 90 elevated bridge you may pass through a homeless camp that looks pretty scary but we had no problem.

Last edited:

We stayed at the Hyatt Place when we had an event at the convention center. We walked over to the mall area (maybe 5 or so minutes away) and there was a cruise ship boarding. We really liked the hotel. Very spacious with a good breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter