Hotel for 3/4- Further away due to convention

@SOCALMouseMommy I’ve noticed several of the hotels in Irvine have Spectrum in the title. Is that an area of Irvine? This section seems to be the only area of Irvine with motels or hotels left with decent prices that aren’t budget motels. I’m not super familiar with Irvine. I’m by myself with two little girls so safety is important!!

Mission Viejo looks very promising. Some
nice name brand hotels for great prices. Thanks again!!!!

@SOCALMouseMommy I’ve noticed several of the hotels in Irvine have Spectrum in the title. Is that an area of Irvine? This section seems to be the only area of Irvine with motels or hotels left with decent prices that aren’t budget motels. I’m not super familiar with Irvine. I’m by myself with two little girls so safety is important!!

Mission Viejo looks very promising. Some
nice name brand hotels for great prices. Thanks again!!!!
Yes! That area is very nice and very safe right off the 5 and 405 freeways so a quick hop over to DL.

@Aurora0427 FWIW Prices are suddenly falling quickly for that weekend - I think companies may be cancelling convention rooms out of fear of getting sued if their employees get Corona Virus on a work trip. Whatever. Either way, prices at many hotels are still high suddenly but some hotels are under $200 and I'm betting they're not done falling yet.

I have stayed at the Knotts Courtyard and Ubered to Disney and it was super simple. I would also recommend that vs. driving from SD. (I’m in SD also)

I’m near Anaheim next week for work and randomly looked at rooms to possible do an evening at the park and was shocked at how expensive everything was! I guess this is why!

edited to say i didn’t realize these were sold out too!

@Aurora0427 FWIW Prices are suddenly falling quickly for that weekend - I think companies may be cancelling convention rooms out of fear of getting sued if their employees get Corona Virus on a work trip. Whatever. Either way, prices at many hotels are still high suddenly but some hotels are under $200 and I'm betting they're not done falling yet.

You may have people canceling as well due to not wanting to fly or be in large crowds due to the virus scare. Thanks for letting me know.... I’m still planning on going unless we have an outbreak here!

You can get a room at the GCH for less than the Courtyard Marriott Theme Park!

You may have people canceling as well due to not wanting to fly or be in large crowds due to the virus scare. Thanks for letting me know.... I’m still planning on going unless we have an outbreak here!

You can get a room at the GCH for less than the Courtyard Marriott Theme Park!
Try joining their email lists so you get notifications if there are flash sales on rooms.

This is definitely happening. My husband was supposed to fly cross country for a work trip tomorrow, but the CEO of his company just suspended all air travel. Same thing happened with the company my sister works.

The Expo got postponed as of yesterday so you might be able to get some great rates if companies cancel their hotels.

Every hotel I see for this weekend is now under $200 except that damn Courtyard (and GCH). But BW Stovalls ($114), Fairfield Theme Park Entrance ($158), BWPPI ($179), Tropicana ($179), and Hyatt House ($149) all have dropped 50%-80% since I last checked.

Not trying to encourage anyone to go, but if you're determined to go, might as well save some coin.

I just saw this. I’m on the fence about going. All of this media coverage is getting to me, finally. Our passes expire in June and we aren’t renewing them, so I really wanted to go Thursday. I think it’s going to get worse by next week and into April, so
it may be the last time we go for awhile until this stupid virus burns out, but I don’t want to put my kids at risk unnecessarily. It’s hard to know the right choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter